Gn's @ lebanon valley dragway??????

ttaowner

would anybody be interested in getting toghther for a track rental / hanging out at lebanon valley dragway? even if your not into racing you could bring your turbo regal / gn / tta and hang out? track rentals usually happen on fridays or we could all just show up on a saturday and do the same. on track rentals there is usually a limit of 100 cars and usually you could make 30 runs if you wanted.on a saturday maybe you could get 5 runs?

figured i would try mentioning this now since the track opens on april 11 it would give us some time to figure out the details.

ANY INTEREST?

post if your interested in hanging out or racing SPECIFY and we could try to get a date @ the track. everybody is welcome!!!!!

track008.jpg

In for racing but only for a rental. Regular track days or events suck. Hate waiting in the staging lanes forever for a few passes. I wouldn't be ready until late in April early May, getting some body parts painted.

I'm in for a rental also. I won't go to any Sat events because as Mark said, they suck. Now a rental, that's different. Been to many over the years at the Valley, and usually you can get all the runs in you like. Great for tuning that Buick for the fastest times!! Besides, got to see what the GN will do now with the big turbo and heads. Probably should take it to Otto's first though....... ;)

Ken

Just wondering, How much is the rental? how much to watch?

I would like to watch.

if I broke down that is a LONG TOW HOME:eek:

rentals were about $70-100 usually depends on the amount of cars. watching either free or $10. i usually get in free on rentals but heard it could cost $10

make sure to bring your car if we can get this toghther. ask the other NH guys to see if they would be interested. mass people are welcome too so are nh and ri guys and anybody else!

no date as of yet because i am trying to see if there is any interest!

if your interested in this idea post if you want to race or spectate to try to get a idea if this would work ?

I am usually there when JW Racing-Fab rent out the Valley,this is usually once a month, I can get us all in on this.
Ill let you know when there is any dates

I might , Depending on when we decide to do it ? Do we have a target Date ?

Track rentals are great , But the last one I was at I blew a head gasket ! :D

I will be there to race !

I might , Depending on when we decide to do it ? Do we have a target Date ?

!

track opens april 11 hoping maybe the end of april / early may ?

just hoping to get a bunch of guys toghther that like the same kinda cars and race/hangout.no agenda other than that!

a bunch of us usually hang out on the berlin turnpike during the summer but all we do is stand there and talk . at jacks bbq we stood there hung out and talked and ate food.

maybe we can have a track rental / bbq / hang out & talk at the track / race. sounds like a winning combination to me????

Does the rentals have to be on Fridays? The only reason I ask, because After May 7th, I will be running in the 100' drags @ Waterford. I suppose I could leave LVD around 2pm to be @ Waterford by 5PM.

(I am running the point’s system there @ Waterford). But If I miss one race, It is not the end of the world.

I wish my T was race ready. Heck, its not even street ready. Its gonna be in restoration jail for a long long time.
So, any limits as far as other cars? I mean, if we wanna run our DD just for the fun of it, can we?

I'll take the LeSabre down the track. Its not my T, but it might satisfy my racing fix a little. Besides, would be nice to get a baseline on it before I start throwing mods on it later on down the line (L67 top swap FTW!)

And can we bring along non TR owners? I have a mechanic friend of mine that has a few quick cars, I'm sure he'd like the chance to get in some good tuning time with it. Heck, I could easily round up probably 4 of my car buddies to caravan up, either to run or watch. Last time we ran, we went up to Cicero. Hate that place. We had a 6 car caravan up there, and my T, and my buddy's 69 Cutlass only got in 3 runs each. Hardly worth the drive for us. But if we had a chance to actually get some quality runs in, I bet I could gather a few to go.

I'm still waiting for spring. I still have 8" of snow on my lawn. Can't wait for good weather! :biggrin:

Keep us posted on a possible date!