GN1's and pt70 streetable?

NC87GN

johnny boost
Looking on how much streetability the GN1's with a pt70 series turbo would be. I am trying to get some feedback when it comes to turbo lag using a 3200 stall 9X11 convertor. The current combo is a te-62, mildly ported stock heads with big valves, 50's, custom chip 24*, 208/210 lunatti cam, 3200 9X11 with billet PTS tranny and 3" THDP. Car has gone 7.20's in the 1/8 and he is looking for 6.90's consistently without pushing the car too hard (nothing over 28# of boost). Like to hear from the people who have gone this route and their opinions after doing so. I would like to retain the ability of using a stock MAF or Trans+ as DFI is not an option right now. TIA

Mike Banas
87GN

I run the gn1 and a t66 on my car with no problams on the sreet.I have driven from Birmingham Al to Bristol Tn several times.But I do have dfi don't no how much of a difference that would make.I also would love to go to a 70 series gt turbo if they make one.

I ran a 70bb with a 3500 stall. I'd say you need close to a 4k stall with a reg. 70 and a 3500 was the breaking point for me and streetability. It all depends how much you can take.

70 turbo

I just installed a PT-70 turbo with Champion Iron heads and combo works great. Great spool up. I'm using a non-lockup 9.5 convertor (3200 stall). Great streetablilty even with stock MAF. You just need a good chip to help it spool.;)

I run that set up, GN1s, BB T-70 .82 A/R Q-trim 3500 stall and streetability is awesome! I can drive it anywhere. Little lag with the Q, but when it comes on, it's like getting shot out of a gun! It will spool 10# on the foot brake no sweat.

I guess all cars are going to be different, but as stated above you are going to need a 3500-3800 stall converter to get it to spool fast. I currently have a 3400 with and the tuning is dead on. Still too laggy for the Q trim wheel. For me a 3800 stall would be best.