Gn1 Heads

burnout

I just picked up a set of GN1 heads for a price you can't beat. I was wondering if anybody is running these on a hot air and it the intake will bolt up to them?

Dave

Yes... you can

The stock intake port can be brought out to the Felpro 1200 intake gasket size. You may end up having to weld additional material to the ports due to porosity issues of the intake.

I have used a set of aluminum GN1 heads on my "Hot-air" setup and the current intercooled setup. Plenty of pics on the MSN "Hot-air" website.

Thanks for the reply boostnitup. I will have to look at your pics at home my work won't let me.

i was going to put a set on my car but went with ported irons instead. im sure you will have to really open the intake up to match it to the heads. i know my intake has to be opened alot just to match my max ported irons.

I will be using my V1 intake with the heads. What head gaskets are u running with the GN1 heads? These heads also have a fire ring on them.

Dave

I used a Felpro number... don't have it in front of me. I didn't use the steel shim headgasket.

If you attempt to use any other intake gasket other than the felpro 1200 you will have sealing problems. Saving you grief.

Thanks boostinit I will be sure to use the felpro intake gaskets. Did your heads have fire rings installed when you got them? The pics on champions website shows them with out.

Dave