GN1 Exhaust

sixftseven

SIXFTSEVEN
I'm trying to decide what exhaust to buy, I'm very interested in GN1 is anyone running this exhaust? Is there any drone noise or hitting anything under the car. thanks

I really like mine:) its a NICE system. Sounds great and went together very well (a little close to the springs but do not hit anything). I used stainless band clamps from Summit Racing and heat sheilds to protect my air bags. GN1 won't get much love around here:frown: but they treated me well and shipped really quick.;)

I sell them on my site AND run it on my own GN. http://buickgn.com/CatBack.htm Lots of pictures installed on my site. Not really loud as you would expect. No noticeable drone either. Mine has been on the car about a year now. It is quite a bit lighter than the Hooker system I took off the car with Aerochamber mufflers. I highly recommend using band clamps instead of the clamps that come with the kit. I offer them as an option on my site. Fit is tight to the stock springs ( I use Hotchkis F-body lowering springs on my GN ) and had to do some minor trimming on my car since it sits so low. Needed a bit more clearance to the Ford 9" axle tubes on the pipes that go up and over the rear. You need to still have the stock pipe mounts as they have brackets that slide into them. I also added another hanger on each side on my system to better support things.

I also eliminated using the exhaust hanger at the front of the car. WIth the hangers used right after the mufflers I can drop the dump pipe and the system hardly drops at all. Always hated that hanger. You will need to use a shim to make up for removing it though so driveshaft angle doesn't change. I just used a HR trans mount that comes with a shim for that exact purpose.

I really like mine:) its a NICE system. Sounds great and went together very well (a little close to the springs but do not hit anything). I used stainless band clamps from Summit Racing and heat sheilds to protect my air bags. GN1 won't get much love around here:frown: but they treated me well and shipped really quick.;)

X2...

Claude. :)

I have that exhaust and i really like it, looks great to. I almost wish it was a little louder...

Do you have any custom exhaust shops around you. Prefab exhaust are great, but all you need is a good shop, and some good mufflers (ultraflows are my thing) and everything is cut and welded to fit your exact car.