GN Vs. TTA

S2V6RACER

Banned
In comparison to the 2 body styles, does the TTA make a good drag car, aside from better airodynamics(sp)? What is the pros and cons to the TTA in a more race than street car?

I have owned two 87 GN's and one TTA. The main differance is a GN feels like a luxury car with muscle and a TTA feels like a sports car with muscle.
As far as a race car set up goes it seams the TTA has the advantage for getting into the low 11's. My car is a high mileage (104k oil burner) and I ran 11.30 with a convertor and a few bolt ons. Now if you want high 10's then I have no idea I have never had a car that fast but seems like a TTA rear end isnt up for the task where as alot of guys have run 10's on stock GN rear ends. The TTA's disc brakes dont allow you to build much boost on the line either ( I can only manage about 5#'s). As of right now I have no desire to run a trans brake so I am stuck with low boost launches. I would imagine that if you was willing to shell out the dough for a ford 9" and a good set of drum breaks that the TTA would have a big advantage for a race car over a GN. The only other disadvantage to a TTA is the surplus charge on all TTA specific parts and lack of choices.

HTH: Jason

My first turbo car was a TTA and I have owned 5 GN after that and just recently purchased a TTA. My feelings are that the TTA in every respect is a better car. In stock form the TTA is a better performing car as far as suspension, brakes and motor (heads and intercooler) than that of GN's. The prices are the same for like mileage cars therefore the TTA is a far better value. Plus a white car is easier to keep clean looking. I have just owned my last GN
kirk

cons....the TTA specific parts are expensive..

pro's...weight,top end,aerodynamics,suspension,braking,:) :) :)

Shame they didnt produce more.I have no boost hold probs with my stagerite brake :) and love being able to hunt at high speeds..None of that 120 limited stuff.

pro's...weight,top end,aerodynamics,suspension,braking,

Agreed. Only thing is, the TTA is actually heavier than than a TR.

So I guess the weight is not a positive, other than the fact that the TTA has better weight distrubution on launch.