GN/TTA/GNX/Syclone **VIDEOS** Here!

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
http://www.krif.com/tta/Movies/

Videos include:

Last Grand National on assembly line being signed by employees
10 Second Syclone
ASC McLaren test vid GNx vs. Corvette at Milan Dragway (not a twin turbo as some believe)
3 Original 1985 Grand National commercials
And..much more!

Tons'o fun!

I've had this up for quite a while, figured I'd re-post in case anyone's missed it. Enjoy!....:D

I always thought this GNX vs. Vette vid was weird. I too was told it was a twin turbo and could not figure out slow it was. I mean a stock X is a mid 13 second car at best.. How could a twin turbo Callaway lose so bad. Now it all makes sense:)

I thought I was so clever downloading a bunch of those last week.

What is that lady putting on the top of the last GN?, coffee.....I bet she's the one that spilled it in her lap and sued Micky D's. A little GN justice for her.

Keep your damn coffee off my car lady!!!! People geezsch.:rolleyes:

Last GN 17.

Looks like the vid was shot by the new owner....maybe she's his wife, but my GF, even my Mom who hates TRs has enough respect to not touch the paint. To many "SHUT THE DOOR WITH THE HANDLES ONLY" orders barked out I guess.:D

did you notice the gnx rear suspension raise up and hardly spin when launching on street tires?

who the heck said that is a REGULAR corvette in the gnx video??? that really is a twin turbo callaway corvette and i have articles to prove it...they wanted to see which supercar was indeed the fastest and it was the GNX...

Originally posted by d0n_3d
who the heck said that is a REGULAR corvette in the gnx video??? that really is a twin turbo callaway corvette and i have articles to prove it...they wanted to see which supercar was indeed the fastest and it was the GNX...
I did.

The twin turbo Callaway 'vette had a different hood and there no turbo sound coming from it as it passes the camera as the GNX does.

Let's entertain the theory it is a turbo 'vette, it sure runs like sh1t and if were mine I'd want a refund. A twin turbo V-8 doesn't run a 13.2 quarter mile. I'm saying the run in the video with 100% certainty is NO WAY a twin turbo Calloway Corvette....not a chance. What's your evidence to the contrary?

Originally posted by TT/A1233
I did.

The twin turbo Callaway 'vette had a different hood and there no turbo sound coming from it as it passes the camera as the GNX does.

Let's entertain the theory it is a turbo 'vette, it sure runs like sh1t and if were mine I'd want a refund. A twin turbo V-8 doesn't run a 13.2 quarter mile. I'm saying the run in the video with 100% certainty is NO WAY a twin turbo Calloway Corvette....not a chance. What's your evidence to the contrary?

i will post it in just a few minutes...

go into my website and click on the link "History of the GNX"

plenty of articles there for you to read...it is in fact a slow ass twin turbo callaway corvette...they weren't that fast

Originally posted by d0n_3d
go into my website and click on the link "History of the GNX"

plenty of articles there for you to read...it is in fact a slow ass twin turbo callaway corvette...they weren't that fast
Perhaps. But these facts are indisputable:

1. The Corvette in the video does not have the TT Calloway hood.

2. The Corvette in the video has no audible evidence of a single turbocharger which should be easily heard. The turbo on the GNx is easily detected.

There may be other documented 1/4 mile runs of a GNX vs. TT Callaway Corvette but I'm sorry to say this video isn't it.

1. you don't hear the turbos on the corvette because a. they are much smaller than the single gnx turbo and b. the corvette has a 350 V8 motor which will be louder than two tiny turbos...

2. pictures in the articles show milan dragway on the building as well as on the video...same color vettes...same guy driving the GNX...

3. the reason for the video was because motor trend, popular mechanics, and car and driver all were comparing and having disputes over which supercar was the fastest...

not sure what else is there left to prove...why would they put out a regular corvette up against the superior GNX when they ran a regular GN up against a regular vette and the GN still won???

Good questions, but why would they swap a standard Corvette hood on a Callaway 'vette? Makes no sense.

We may agree to disagree but I assert you'd still hear a whistle from the 'vette had it been turbocharged, even with tiny turbos.

It is possible ASC did several runs against various Corvettes. Personally, I'm convinced this video is not a TT Calloway. Not a chance.

Lets say that GNX ran a 13.3 second 1/4 mile. That 'vette is [at best guess] .75 seconds behind. I can't believe a TT Calloway Corvette is a 14 second car. That makes a non aspirated 'vette a 15 second car. Piss-poor indeed.

The logic makes NO sense in that video.

- Again, my best argument is why no stock TT Calloway hood. Why wouldn' they want the airflow from the ducted hood which was a Calloway factory item for performance and to distinguish it apart from other "vettes?