GN Steering Wheel Replace or?

6=8

11 Year GN Owner/Operator
Since I have to pull the steering wheel to replace the ignition switch/lock, I might as well get a new one. I know I can get one "Re-Wrapped" (as my leather on mine is deteriorating) but at that price, I might as well install an aftermarket one now and get the stocker re-wrapped later.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket steering wheel (Like Grant)on their car? I'm looking for a few opinions as to what "Feels" and "Looks" good with the GN interior and what, if any, issues exist in horn connections via whatever adapter might be required.

Thanks for the help!

I'd be interested to know what kind of aftermarket steering wheels everyone has as well....

Show off your pics!

What did he have to do to get the stock horn button to work? Looks nice!

Originally posted by roc87
What did he have to do to get the stock horn button to work? Looks nice!

Nothing I believe. The ring though was made so I don't know what it'd be like without that. That wheel is on about six or so cars here.

I have a black wheel in mine(like stock grey only black) I think it helps clean up the dash area a little, the old grey wheel seemed to turn a different shade of grey then the rest of the interior.

Nice Pic Matt! Thanks!

Anyone else? After 113 "Views" I'm beginning to think that there are not too many folks with aftermarket steering wheels out there.

Sinful6,

Did you have the stock one re-wrapped, or did you pull a black leather one from another car?

Thanks!

I believe it was originally from a '87 Skyhawk T-Type. I changed the plastic on the back from black to grey to match the column, and changed the round emblem in the middle to the stock one. I really like it so far. Just like stock only black(ring and all) and here is the best part: you can pick them up for about $50!

Thanks! Great idea.

I think it was Kirban Performance that has a replacement metal ring that could be painted black to match.

well, the ring around the horn IS black on the black wheel. I meant on the back of the wheel the plastic which touches the steering column.