GN PAINT COLOR CODE

PaulRV6

Is there a specific code I need for the shop to paint my bumper fillers? They are going to be black. Where do I find it? What do I tell them? Thanks

paul

I just gave the shop the OEM color from the tag on the car...came out great...if they
are OEM fillers make sure they add flex agent to the paint...

Is there a specific code I need for the shop to paint my bumper fillers? They are going to be black. Where do I find it? What do I tell them? Thanks

paul
In the trunk there is a tag with a bunch a nummber's look for the number that start with WA that the paint code . it should be at the buttom of the tag, thies car came with three diffrent black paint code.

I'm surprised that so many told you where to find codes, bug nobody actually answered your question. The original laquer code is 19..... that being said, nobody can shoot 19 anymore because it's a laquer. They'll have to cross it to a modern GM non metalic black.

I'm surprised that so many told you where to find codes, bug nobody actually answered your question. The original laquer code is 19..... that being said, nobody can shoot 19 anymore because it's a laquer. They'll have to cross it to a modern GM non metalic black.

Code 19 is no longer around you're right.
But if he goes to a paint supl and give them this code WA848 that the true paint code. with that paint code you can get any brand of paint and all GN or T have the same code wa848 black but there 4or 5 diffrent variance, some variance have RED or white perl or blue tint or yellow that why he need to paint chip to match his paint...now do that answer his question.

This is my point, there r 4 wa with diffrent number that r black .
I have painted at least 50 GN in my life time .
these car's even came single stage to. the last car that my son painted hood bumper spoiler header panel was mark car.
the owner of TR CUSTOM PARTS and it is single stage and trust me Mark car is a show stopper.

8555 standard is pure black with no tinters, there are a few with blue, yellow and stuff like that but in reality, they don't make much of a difference if you'd seen how much in in each mixture. I've done lots of black cars from the 80's and used 8555 standard on every one and it's fine. Right now I'm using dupont cromax water. When it first came out the black was not pure black, more of a really dark brown but thats since been fixed in tinter revisions.

I looked on the trunk codes and all I could find with a "W" is WE2, W11,UW4. Nothing that was described above. Its not in the vehicle ID # is it? Thanks

paul

Paul the paint code is 19l 19u The 19 = Black, That information would be found also on the SPID label "cowl tag" right underneath the driver side windshield wiper.. but like the guys stated it is lacquer paint so its not used anymore. Try using paint code WA8555 hope this helps

So if I give them the code WA8555 this will work good for the new fillers? With flex agent also.

paul