GN on ebay wrong vin#

Ya something isn't right with that. It's an 86 or someone switched the grill but don't know why you would, and the sellers listed mileage is about 100,000 less then the autochecks listed mileage. And thats in poor condition if the mileage is 25,221 like the seller claims. Someone call him out on it.

VIN comes up as an 87 Regal with the 3.8 2V NA motor.

What did you expect? The seller is from Miami. I bet half of the turbo Regals in South FL are retagged theft recoveries. No doubt the seller knows this and is just trying to pull a fast one over on some unsuspecting schmuck.:mad:

I e-mailed the seller asking if he was sure it was an 87 since it had an 86 grille and he replied that it was indeed an 87 and that the owner switched it to a silver grille....right,right!...poor guy that purchases this car thinking he's getting a deal.

I love it when they replace the trunk lid emblem and put it on the wrong side. That also doesnt look like a grand national dash plaque either.

That's probably the seller in the backround in the 3rd pick with the big sh!t eatin grin thinkin i'm gonna make a killing on this stolen car.

Well i put it right out there for him and i'll post the reply when and if i get one. Here's the question i sent.

I'm interested in the car but am curious about a few things. The mileage you listed is 25,221 but the autocheck has it listed at 122,084. The car is listed as an 87 but it has a grill and black pull straps from an 86. The trunk lid badge is on the wrong side. Was this a repaint and someone made a mistake? Also the autocheck shows this car as having a 3.8L v6 2bbl. which means it would be carbureted and would make this the wrong vin # because for a 3.8L SFI turbo engine the 8th digit in the vin # would have to be a 7 for the (LC2) 3.8L V6 SFI Intercooled Turbo engine but instead it's an A which is for the (LD5) 3.8L v6 2bbl engine just like auto check says it is. Did someone make a mistake with the vin #? Can you clear this up for me before I make a bid on the car? Thank you

If the seller comes back with some BS answer i might report it to ebay. What do you guys think, should I do the Buick community a favor or just let it go?

"What do you guys think, should I do the Buick community a favor or just let it go? "

BUST his thievin a$$...
Maybe, a blind cc to the FLDMV, too??

The car is an 86 was told by Jim C (phillyturbosix) the difference between the 86,87 plastic vacumme line routing up by the heater box the plastic line on the 86 go above the box and on the 87 the go lower under the heater core so mabe the guy doesn't know what it is or something is wrong with the vin

Could be..

"or something is wrong with the vin". As in it's for a totally different engine combo??:D

I never got an answer to my question but what is interesting is the seller ended the auction at 8:15am today. I'm guessing he read my question and thought oh sh!t someone found me out i better cancel this before i get busted.

Well i put it right out there for him and i'll post the reply when and if i get one. Here's the question i sent.

I'm interested in the car but am curious about a few things. The mileage you listed is 25,221 but the autocheck has it listed at 122,084. The car is listed as an 87 but it has a grill and black pull straps from an 86. The trunk lid badge is on the wrong side. Was this a repaint and someone made a mistake? Also the autocheck shows this car as having a 3.8L v6 2bbl. which means it would be carbureted and would make this the wrong vin # because for a 3.8L SFI turbo engine the 8th digit in the vin # would have to be a 7 for the (LC2) 3.8L V6 SFI Intercooled Turbo engine but instead it's an A which is for the (LD5) 3.8L v6 2bbl engine just like auto check says it is. Did someone make a mistake with the vin #? Can you clear this up for me before I make a bid on the car? Thank you

If the seller comes back with some BS answer i might report it to ebay. What do you guys think, should I do the Buick community a favor or just let it go?

The more we turn a blind eye to these things, the more power we give to crooks and thieves. If the guy is just stupid, maybe HE was the one taken when someone sold it to him. He cannot be at fault for being dumb, just unlucky. The cops should get to to bottom of it. Im am tired of people walking away instead of standing up and saying something. How are we supposed to get back our country and rights that we have lost if we let things go we know are wrong. Answer me that???

Bust his ass,:mad:
Coach

I'm all for it. I wanted to atleast give him the benefit of the doubt and atleast wait for a response to something that might have been an honest mistake. i won't make a judgement without hearing both sides of the story. Like you said maybe he was the one who was suckered and thats why he cancelled the auction but i guess unless he responds to my question we'll never know. Also i looked into flagging the item and oddly enought there's nothing on there that has to do with giving false vin info, atleast not specifically in those words.

I never got an answer to my question but what is interesting is the seller ended the auction at 8:15am today. I'm guessing he read my question and thought oh sh!t someone found me out i better cancel this before i get busted.

i also sent him a comment/question about the Vin# at about 2:00 Am today.
:mad:

Maybe he honestly didnt know? Not saying I know for sure but it is possible he bought it like that a while back & now figured out he was burned? IF that was the case I would have said something in the ad as a reason to cancel it tho. Thats the Honest way if he isnt a Crook?

I made a mistake on my friends 77 Camaro & didnt know? Guy called me about it so I explained it was an honest mistake & said so in the revised ad & cancelled all bidding & closed the ad. Then I told my friend about it. I have Never advertised anything again I wasnt 100% sure about.

I'm not saying you need to know everything about every car ever made but if your gonna be a car dealer you should atleast find out as much info you can before buying/selling any vehicles for a turn around and profit. if i were i car salesman i would have a vin check on every car i thought about purchasing and then show that proof when selling.

I hope it was this "used car jockey" who got F-ed from the get go. I have no time of day for any used car lot that's not associated with a major manufacturer. They are ALL crooked douchebags in my eyes. I hate 'em all.:mad:

9 outa 10 of these greaseballs buy piles of $hit at an auction that are either bank repos, theft recoveries, flood damage, salvage, etc, etc.

Good for you Pittsburghkid, busting this jerkoff.:cool: If I woulda spotted this, I woulda done the same thing.

I love seeing/finding crooks & scammers on Craigslist or eBay and dropping the hammer on them, making it as miserable as possible for them.