GN not running so good. Have #'s off Turbolink. Help

BuickMike

Money pit
Lately my car doesn't seem to run as strong as it used to and I finally got a chance to connect Turbolink to record some data.
I am not sure how to interpret all of this, so maybe someone could help me out. :) Thanks.

At WOT my O2 volts are .790 at launch, .808 by 20mph, and .830 by third gear.
My Block Learn was at 158 while the Integrator was at 128.
LV8 was between 220 and 231.
TPS volts were at 4.74.
MAF was reading up to 205 GPS.
O2 Delta counts were at 0 the whole time.
ESC Counts were at 18.
If I run more than 13 PSI of boost I get Knock Retard.
(This is with a 92 chip and 10gal of 92 octane gas)
(I used to be able to run 15 PSI no problem.)
Engine temp was at 182 degrees on the last run.
Outside temp was about 85 Degrees.
MAP/Boost showed up to 2.0 PSI.
EGR Duty Cycle was at 0%
Battery Volts were at 12.8.
(This is strange because it showed 13.0 at idle, but my volt meter showed 13.6 volts at idle when read at the battery.)

Maf readings are very low for WOT, should be up around 255

As far as the voltage difference, T-link shows the voltage at the ECM...not sure where your meter is reading from but, it's not unusual for them to be different.

O2 looks off a little as well,make sure your fuel pressure is scaling up with the boost.

Thanks.
I was looking at the data again and the MAF readings are actually varying between 150 and 202 throughout the runs. Are they supposed to be steady?

I was also wondering about the Block Learn #'s. I thought that a high block learn # like 158 would mean that my ECM is overcompensating for a lean condition.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I thought the block learn was supposed to default to 128 at WOT.

IMO, the low maf #s are causing your problem. I would say that your maf is bad. If it is reading only 200gps but is really sucking in over 255 then your car will run lean and cause knock. See if you can barrow a known good maf to do some tests.

I was concerned about the low voltage at the ECM, so I cleaned up the connectors and the voltage reading on Turbolink is better.
(13.5 - 13.9 at idle and 13.2 at WOT)
I checked the middle wire on the MAF connector and there is no resistance between it and the ECM, so that is good.
I went for a couple more runs and the MAF is still reading super low. It jumped to 225 on one frame and down to 165 on the next.

A friend of mine told me to tap on the MAF at idle to see if the idle varies and nothing happened. I also had my wife look at Turbolink while I was tapping and there was no change.
I guess most likely the MAF is bad, but unfortunately I just moved to the Phoenix area and do not know anyone so finding a person who can lend me a MAF will be hard. Could it also be a problem with the chip?

Anyone in Phoenix willing to lend me a MAF? :)

Originally posted by BuickMike
It jumped to 225 on one frame and down to 165 on the next.

I'm having the same problem with my car, but after extensive reseach, I have found that it may not be the MAF.

See, By us reengineering :D our air intake system, it will cause our MAF numbers get out of wack a bit. Were you getting 255 before with this same intake system? Plus, at 13psi of boost, your turbo isn't quit moving enough air to get 255 grams threw the sensor. Turn it up to 18-20 with some good gas and see if you get 255.

Also, your MAF runs in conjunction with your 02 sensor at anything LESS than WOT. If your car is running good at less than WOT, then the MAF is O.K.

You may try another "Known good one" and you may see the same results as I have. The only way to truly test it is to put YOUR MAF on someone who IS currently seeing 255 grams at WOT with their intake system and see if he then get 255 with your MAF.

HTH.