GN in GM High Tech Performance Magazine

Congrats!!!!

Hey glad to see you made it to the big pages, mine was in there back in august but it was only half page and not as much info as yours........Im jealous!

Attachments

• gm high  tech r.JPG
    gm high tech r.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 536
  • JM29r.JPG
    JM29r.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 537
I love how that thing looks and how clean that is put together. I hope one day mine is as nice as both of those cars. Hats off to both of em ;) Jmccustoms and ryeguy87GN

Use signature link to see article

use link in my signature. I don't know why it doesn't work the link on the top is the same as in my signature. sorry about that.

nice article but whats the deal? 136 mph on a GT6152e and a flat tappet 208? Is there a typo somewhere? Nice layout though, congrats.

I was kindof caught off guard by the estimated 700 hp through the stock throttle body and a 6152. I thought those turbos completely maxed out at around 580hp??

No matter what that is a damn nice car!

6152 turbo is good for 680+ or - , That is what precision turbo says. I run dual alcohol and fast, without the fast the car wouldn't run so well. I had it so lean last spring that I lifted front end, broke my motor mount on drivers side, and blew a head gasket. My heads have an old Jim Ruggles trick done to them which is what he calls taper screws. Idea is to pull the head surface tighter into the block to help prevent blow outs. I still held compression and my o-ringed block and the metal rings on the head gasket held it all in place with no damage. I ran maximum boost of 30, because I had a bad manual boost controller and I couldn't dial it down. Now the car is all properly adjusted and tuned and it is awesome how it runs. Few misprints in the article, the tranny is a PTS not a DTS, and rings are total seal. As far as throttle body and turbo, there are other people running better times then me with that combo. It is in the tune, traction, spool up, climate, and alcohol.

Wow, sounds like a great setup. Those are great times! I thought the article was a little harsh on our old 200-4r transmissions but other than that great to see our beloved buicks getting positive press.

6152 turbo is good for 680+ or - , That is what precision turbo says. I run dual alcohol and fast, without the fast the car wouldn't run so well. I had it so lean last spring that I lifted front end, broke my motor mount on drivers side, and blew a head gasket. My heads have an old Jim Ruggles trick done to them which is what he calls taper screws. Idea is to pull the head surface tighter into the block to help prevent blow outs. I still held compression and my o-ringed block and the metal rings on the head gasket held it all in place with no damage. I ran maximum boost of 30, because I had a bad manual boost controller and I couldn't dial it down. Now the car is all properly adjusted and tuned and it is awesome how it runs. Few misprints in the article, the tranny is a PTS not a DTS, and rings are total seal. As far as throttle body and turbo, there are other people running better times then me with that combo. It is in the tune, traction, spool up, climate, and alcohol.

sorry man I just don't by it without a 150 shot on top of it. 136 is way more than 680 flywheel which is what the turbo is rated at. Your story just doesn't make sense. I have never seen a 6152 go more than 125 mph so if you have some links to others doing better than 136 I would love to see them. I must be doing something wrong because im missing about 130 rwhp.

i thought those numbers were typos. i agree with jds that it sounds weird. Plus i dont see that car running hard launching 10.4's on a bone stock rear.

but i guess anything is possible with the right combo.

please explain what the taper screwed heads do.

Fast System

Thanks to all that have helped me with info, parts and hands on with my GN project. It was featured in GM High Tech Magazine March 2009 issue artilcle was GN Blitz. Check it out either by link here or in my signature. Thanks!! http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...nal/index.html

your car reminds me of mine so much execpt the t-tops what kind of fast system you have. ill send you pics nice work to me that car stands perfect.:cool:

sorry man I just don't by it without a 150 shot on top of it. 136 is way more than 680 flywheel which is what the turbo is rated at. Your story just doesn't make sense. I have never seen a 6152 go more than 125 mph so if you have some links to others doing better than 136 I would love to see them. I must be doing something wrong because im missing about 130 rwhp.

Very nice car and article but I agree with the above statement.
Throttlebody not being a issue just the combo and that et/mph.
Glad the Buick's are still getting in!
~Scott