GN drivers worst nightmare

SMV6LOL

Very bad day yesterday... lady pulled out in front of me. There isnt as bad of damage as i would have thought but the frame where the bumper support is collapsed. So im gonna fight for them to total the car as it will never be the same.
2013-03-11_16-37-36_996.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-03-11_16-50-39_274.jpg
    2013-03-11_16-50-39_274.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 625
Wow that sucks man! Nobody ever pays attention, people are always on there cellphones

I was just thinking moments before this..."you cant even take your nice car out for a drive, they way people drive" and bamm!!!! The Chief of Police even came out to see, he said he heard a GN got into a wreck and had to see the madness.

Did she admit she was on her cell? 99% says she was. Think texting is just as bad as drunk driving. Can always tell when I am in back of someone who is. Looks like the car can probably be fixed, hope you had good insurance on it. Sorry to see this. How about you? Are you OK?

Can I get your contact info, i live in Rio Rancho and I am an insurance agent. Could give you some advice and if they do total it I would like a chance to buy it.

264-2331 Chuck

Ive meet u before Chuck on Northern. At your store. Ill end up buying it back. Too many good things on it to let it go.

She wasnt txting she was looking at the opposite side of traffic and pulled into the incoming lanes... saw it all in slow motion like a horror film. I remember saying to myself countless times... dont do it dont do it, fu** fu**.

Nobody was injured so thats good im sore but thats about it

Thought it might be you, still could probably give you some advice on the claim, and what to expect and ask for.

Sorry to see this.... My wife had a wreck in mine, pretty similar damage, State Farm put 28k into mine including a frame. Since it was a frame swap I did all the little things I wanted to do as well. In the end my car is actually NICER then prior to the accident. Happened to have had a trip to NC planned, so, I was able to hand pick all my replacement parts myself. Tried to get them to total it, and, do a buy back but they opted to fix. Claimed it was too nice to total. Hope you have a similar outcome. PM if you have any questions.

^^^ so they were willing to pay more to fix it then total it? My concern is not being able to find parts? And how much a paint job would cost. Chuck ill be in contact with you for some insight

Parts are available. My friend just got a 25K payout for his from regular insurance. Don't let them low ball you. Might end up on your shoulders looking for parts on the board here, but again, they are out there.

Thats good news whats the going rate for payouts on these gns? 25k is nice but labor on frame repair and paint will eat alot of that

Hope all works out for you frame machines nowadays work wonders Have two friends w body shops you should see the stuff that can be fixed

You should of had agreed value insurance.. then you look at your contract and see the price. Otherwise it becomes a negotiation game with the insurance company. I just re-read where you Want them to total the car. If you had standard insurance, that will most likely happen - problem with that, you'll walk away with low teens dollar wise.

Well its not my insurance that im claiming... its her fault so im going after her insurance... that's gonna be fun