Gn chip need more info

Fordjosef

I just picked up my grand national I bought the other day and I have never seen a chip like this that's y I need more info thanks!! Need to learn how to use it!!

Attachments

• image-1691598793.jpg
    image-1691598793.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1171199757.jpg
    image-1171199757.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 152
  • image-1918132439.jpg
    image-1918132439.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 134
I son't know how to use it, but I can tell you two things:

1. Poston has been out of business for years

2. I would get rid of it and get a chip from Eric Marshall or Bob Bailey

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

That's an old thumbwheel chip that has several different programs in it. Not familiar with that particular chip. Could have a stock mode, race mode, valet mode, and anti-theft depending on what program is selected.

I think Jonh Spina at Caspers Electronics used to make those chips for Poston's. John is on the board. Maybe he can chime in and give you some more info.

Neal

Responding to the OP question:

That is called the Ultrachip. Original design by Caspers and is still available today. 8 settings, valet, anti-start, and several settings for anything from 91 octane to 110 octane. One of the settings uses the 1990 "Recall" stock program. It can be switched while driving, and gives you immediate control over WOT timing, knock retard management, and fuel delivery. It's programmed for specific injectors and can be upgraded to suit an injector change. The anti-start mode is switched easily and cuts fuel when it's selected. Valet mode limits boost to 12 PSI and 65 MPH. There are eight specific chip programs in the standard Ultrachip. Variations include the MAX EFFORT 16 position chip, and a few others. The lower numbers on the thumbwheel dial have reduced timing which make it ideal for Alchy use.

http://www.installationinstructions.com/103041.pdf <instructions>

A little history: It was the first multi-selection performance chip ever made, specifically for the turbo cars (TTA-GNX-Regal-GN) produced back in 1988, and has gone through three major revisions since then. Thousands of them have been put in turbo Regals, under various labels. The chip itself is eight times the size of the factory chip (program space) and can be removed from its carrier socket for ease of upgrading (changing injectors, head port work, different converter stall, turbo upgrade, etc.).