Gn, +camaro wire harness

sailor77

Ok here is my question. I have a 4L60E tranny that I want to put behind the GN motor. I do not have a way to control the tranny yet and don't want to buy a $900 ECU to do so.

here is the thought I had (probably not possible)
Use the ECM for a 96 (or so) camaro/firebird that had the 4L60E trans and the 3.8L engine. They to get the computer to run both the engine and trans. So.... am I nutz or what?

Originally posted by sailor77
Ok here is my question. I have a 4L60E tranny that I want to put behind the GN motor. I do not have a way to control the tranny yet and don't want to buy a $900 ECU to do so.

here is the thought I had (probably not possible)
Use the ECM for a 96 (or so) camaro/firebird that had the 4L60E trans and the 3.8L engine. They to get the computer to run both the engine and trans. So.... am I nutz or what?

Were you planning on running aftermarket EFI on this combo? The Big Stuff 3 will natively control the 4L60E transmission like that TCI controller that you were probably referring to above. Of course, this option is not cheap, but it would work.

While that 96 computer may be able to control the transmission, it was not specifically designed for the 3.8 boosted V6, so you'd have to reprogram it essentiallly from scratch. Not sure if there are boost referenced maps in the stock GN ECU, but those boost referenced maps won't be in the 1996 ECU.

Ron