GN belt tensioner

87 GN WE2

Does anyone know were to get the gates 38374 or goodyear 49369 belt tensioners? I checked online at rock auto, advance and auto zone and they show no listing.

google HIGHWAYSTARS GRANDNATIONAL.....they have all OE parts for our TR's

I cracked mine and went to a local auto parts store. Go in and tell them it's a 87 GN and you need the complete belt tensioner assembly. Mine was around $87ish??

Yeah, Hiwaystarz has one for $179. Napa shows a NBH 38374 for $114. Autozone used to list it, and O'Reilly had it for around $100, but neither show it now. I was at a local AC Delco place not more than 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked about this. He said they were available for ~$130 if I remember correctly. Summit Racing shows the 49369 for $97.

You pay alittle more at Highwaystars......But you get what you pay for :smile: They sell Genuine GM PARTS....Bar none.....Not from china

You pay alittle more at Highwaystars......But you get what you pay for :smile: They sell Genuine GM PARTS....Bar none.....Not from china

Lol, that's true, but... It's the same part. Gates makes it in Canada, btw. At least that's what the Gates rep told me a while back. Then they sell it to GM, Napa, AZ, and all these other places.
And also, it's now discontinued from Gates as well...

I stopped by a local parts place here tonight. He said the computer showed his warehouse had it in stock, won't know for sure until tomorrow AM. Would be about $86. If they have it and I get it, and if it's correct, I could see if they have another if you're interested. Let me know.

<edit>
Napa said it's now discontinued also.

Tensioner

Its oem I believe part# is 304-006 works fine no issues $85 shpped! Let me know thanks:D

Bringing up an old thread.... Does anyone know of a supply other than Highway Stars? They are a great vendor but $330 for this part is a little steep. :eek:

I have a brand new one made by Gates. $225 plus shipping. Let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the offer Rick, little too much for me. Looking for a nice used or new one in the $100 range..... The search continues :(

Ok that's fine. I'm sure someone will snap it up and save $100 over Highway Stars. I haven't been able to find new ones. I guess Highway Stars just started carrying them. I just happen to have an extra one. Brand new never used. You know you want it ;)