gn badge on trunk

derick's gn

my gn badge was put on the passenger side of the trunk lid by the previous owner.last nite i finally removed it (it bothered me).
now i need to locate it correctly.can anyone tell me what the location is from the point of the arrow to the edge and from the flat part of badge (under the national) to the either the trim or the edge of the trunk lid.

From GNTTYPE.Org:
rearem_1.jpg

Interesting note here is that the 84 GN did not come with a trunk badge.
I should know, I bought it new.
I wonder if that was the only year that they did not put the badge on the trunk... or the assembly guy was eating a sandwich when my car went by on the assembly line.....

Chuck

the assembly guy was eating a sandwich when my car went by on the assembly line.....

Chuck
My guy must have been eating a sandwich as well cause my car is blue with the blackout package yet has chrome mirrors....:rolleyes: It's all correct as far as codes go. RPO shows the proper code for chrome mirrors but it's not supposed to have them. The mirrors should be the same color as the car.

Kirban tells me they screwed up on the assembly line and makes my car rare as long as the RPO supports it...:biggrin:

GNX badge is different.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 139
I wonder if the previous owner of the car worked in the garage on the set of Fast and Furious?

Interesting note here is that the 84 GN did not come with a trunk badge.
I should know, I bought it new.
I wonder if that was the only year that they did not put the badge on the trunk... or the assembly guy was eating a sandwich when my car went by on the assembly line.....

Chuck

That's correct. 84 GNs had no badging on the trunk lids. From what I understand the first 84 GNs built also had a hood ornament. A few documented examples exist anyway. There was a thread or two about them somewhere on this board but I couldn't find them.

If you ever took a tour of an assembly plant I doubt that you would have seen anybody eating a sandwhich, taking a smoke break or even scratching their azz on the assembly line. I have information that states production speed on the Pontiac MI assembly line was a stagering 101 cars built per hour. Not much time to do anything but your assigned job. I used to work with a guy that got a job at Lordstown building Vegas after he got back from 'Nam and later built Cavaliers and other J-Bodies. The speed on that line was 126 cars per hour! I guess you can build them faster when they are smaller.:eek: