GM Vantage

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
I saw a graphing tool in the for sale section and had a few questions.

Link to for sale ad.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/snap-on-vantage-graphing-meter.324190/

I am wondering if that tool is like the
Snap-on MTG-2500 Graphing Scanner

or the mt2400.

Seemed to be able to pinpoint the sensor functions or the lack thereof.

Seemed to be able to pick one up for $200-250

Is there something better? More cost effective? An app for my phone with a bluetooth plug in?

Thanks!

I also have one of those. Good tool for working on these cars. You need the GM-1 connector, I pretty sure that just a scan tool, not a graphing meter. For the price you quoted I would get it, basically a scan master with more options.....

After re-reading this you have 2 completely different scanners, the MT2500 is a scan tool, the MT2400 is just a scope, you will need the GM1 connector with the MT2500. The MT2500 will give you ECU data and codes, the MT2400 will let you read the sensors waveform, it will not show any codes or data, but to be honest, you should get both of them!

The vantage is great but check with snap on about repairing them. They might have stopped servicing them.
The Vantage is a great tool if you know how to use it. It is great for checking sensors. It has a great database with known good patterns for just about every sensor. This is not a live scope but is decent. The graphing scanner is good but it cant be updated anymore. I believe they stopped updating them in 2007. but for the buick its fine. I think a scanmaster would deliver data quicker than the snap on. you can to a custom data screen to speed things up on the snap on. The vantage is worth $200 the graphing scanner is a good buy if it updated with the troubleshooter if you have a snap on dealer ask him what the last update was and see what version that one on ebay has. Make sure it has all the obd1 connectors

Well, it sounds like I don't really need the mt2500 as I have an otc 2000 and an autoxray 6000 that give me quite a bit of data. I am working on learning what it all means. I just saw that graphing meter and thought it quite interesting. Thank you each very much for your input.