GM testing Methanol in T-types?

The gus that owns Hardcore Racing in Brighton ran the dyno room for the turbo motors. Said that they tested a lot of menthol stuff.

20-30 years from now, we will see these cars passing through the Barret Jackson auction. :cool:

Uber-rare stuff like this is a gem in disguise. Park those Meth cars boys. You may be sitting on your retirement fund. :D

i offered my car to one person here :eek:
thank goodness he declined my offer :biggrin:

to clarify,did gm do the mods,or who?

Buick was ready to release a turbo & methanol (non-intercooled) car for 85 production.The car was never released for 2 reasons.1) The methanol bottle was in the front of the car (attached to the upper tie bar ) and considered as fuel.I don't think NHTSA liked the idea.2) Engine damage was possible if the user neglected filling the methanol jug.I'm sure GM did not wish to own a "by design" warranty situation.I have driven such cars at Buick Engineering.I thought the methanol car was quicker than the early intercooled cars.We also had a variable geometry (variable vain) turbo driven by a dedicated Motorola controller.My T type is also a factory test car which is light blue with 60/40 bench.
Gary, look above. turbolc2 is a GM engineer and if anyone would know for sure it might be him. maybe he'll chime in and clear the air on this.

Methanol Turbo Regals

Gary to clear the air GM did develope a methanol specific engine configuration which was never released for production due to the reasons in my prior post.For whatever its worth.I don't think anyone at GM ever thought that the Turbo Regals would become the cult car & "dragstrip terror" that they are.

I was at that auction when those cars sold. I know Jim D. got one and another went to a guy named Howard race lutz.Not sure on the other 3. They were in pretty bad condition.Lets face it turbo cars at a college driven buy students, can you say big burn outs!!!:D

i bought my car in n.c. from Race about four weeks ago,my car is actually in very good shape,other than the paint and bumper fillers.ive owned seven turbo regals,this is the tightest one ive owned.

i will take pics tomorrrow and post them.

I was at that auction when those cars sold. I know Jim D. got one and another went to a guy named Howard race lutz.Not sure on the other 3. They were in pretty bad condition.Lets face it turbo cars at a college driven buy students, can you say big burn outs!!!:D

I think all 5 were pretty much explained in above posts.

1) Donnie Brooks
2) Gary
3) Jim Dotson
4) turbolc2
5) was wrecked!

that would be the only five right there! unless Jim D. sold his, cause the other 3 still own them.

I know when Donnie bought his from Jim Reagon, Jim had bought 2 of them,One went to donnie and i do not know who he sold the other one to.

Puddin

I know when Donnie bought his from Jim Reagon, Jim had bought 2 of them,One went to donnie and i do not know who he sold the other one to.

Puddin
must be the one that ended up wrecked, cause the other 4 are right here listed above. still it's neat that 4 still exist and they are all listed here in this post...

Cool stuff, i worked for the DOE at Oark Ridge Nat'l Lab two summers ago, lots of cool alternative fuel stuff running around. Not so much the cars themselves, but their fuel setups were cool. Puddin, too bad we didn't meet up when I was down there!

Yah That would have been great,Are you going to come back anytime soon?
I work in Oak Ridge so we can DO LUNCH . I've always wanted to say that!!!lol lol lol lol

must be the one that ended up wrecked, cause the other 4 are right here listed above. still it's neat that 4 still exist and they are all listed here in this post...

Well not really, That car could have been past along to different people!!
Hell Jim may have bought the car that he had from the guy that bought it from Jim Reagon. You just never know..

heres the under hood box.also,another pic inside box.the harness from this box, "T'' into the injector harness.

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1743.jpg
    04-10-07_1743.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,810
  • 04-10-07_1735.jpg
    04-10-07_1735.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,818
pic of the tank.

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1736.jpg
    04-10-07_1736.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,229
maybe you can see where the "federal methonal fleet" stickers were on each c pillar.

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1737.jpg
    04-10-07_1737.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 04-10-07_1738.jpg
    04-10-07_1738.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,238
trunk lock gadgets,and a trim piece around the trunk lock said to only come on a limited ? Donnies car had this trim piece too. is it an special order thing?

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1739.jpg
    04-10-07_1739.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,242
this vaccum switch controls the second fuel pump at 4psi.

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1740.jpg
    04-10-07_1740.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,203
gas door warnings

Attachments

• 04-10-07_1742.jpg
    04-10-07_1742.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,210