GM rebuilt computer car has never run right since

billy 420

The owner had the cars computer rebuilt by gm (expensive ) to say the least . less than 4 years later all fingers point to a intermittent connection inside of the computer . the cars voltage reads 12+ volts right up to the pcm , but the scan tool reads 14 volts down to 7 volts at times . the car has a good battery and charging system . The O2 volts will not climb past .255 volts on the scanner but when you test the O2 wires voltage directly its up to .355 volts .Cars an 84 T_TYPE,blms are pinned at 150 and only creep down slowly to 130s when revving the engine ,despite my best efforts to seal exhaust and any intake , vaccuum leaks .The owner is obviously reluctant to replace an ALREADY REBUILT PCM with a newer unit so a great big THANK YOU to GM for nothing except a big bill . This PCM rebuild took place before i took the reigns , I had pinpointed the pcm months ago but had to rethink my diagnostics after i was told it had been rebuilt . Cars been down all summer now , all because we assumed the gm rebuilt pcm was good

Swap a known good one in. This is when friends with cars (specifically friends with turbo regals) is mighty handy.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

at this point im ready to swap the entire car for something that runs the same twice in a row

Where is around here?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

an 87 ecm is $35 from every junkyard around here, and every place has a few on the shelf ready to go.
that and a $75 turbotweak chip will make the customer happy.