GM rebuilt 7BRF question

mapmaker

I pulled the tranny out to put in a new PTC converter. The previous owner said there was some work done on the transmission. It is labeled as a Service Replacement Transmission Assemble for GM and the ID is not in the "normal" place, nor does it follow the stock sequence. Does anyone know details about these or info from the ID tag? I am guessing it has a decent servo and governor? I thought I would go ahead and throw in a CK shift kit, anything else i should check while its out?
trn1.JPG
trn2.jpg
photo.JPG

Wow - unlike this crowd to not have some information - or at least a few comments :)

You can look at the servo. Last three digits are 694 for a brf piece. The governor will have to be pulled to see about it. As far as vb, with out the pink br2/br3 you'll have to disassemble and measure or at least be able to see the ends of the different valves. I don't have my notes in front of me so you might post what is stamped on the ends.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look at the pic there is pink on the valvebody so it is a "performance" unit. IIRC the BRF 200 was only available on an exchange basis. You could not go to the parts counter and order one. Someone will correct me if I am off base:)

The " BRF " on the Green tag says you have the highly desirable valve body . Another member on this site clued me in about the ID tag being on the wrong side of the transmission . For a while I could not get an answer for this as my transmission has the. Green ID tag on the wrong side like yours . this must be on all or most of the factory remanned transmissions . Mine is not as desirable as yours . My tag - OKTF. It does have some of the fixes , however . Like they say your servo should be the 694 . Mine had the 692 . Same as the MCSS.

I wonder if the 91 as first two digits of the serial number indicate the date of reman. This car sat for at least 15 years before I got it 3 years ago. Here are a few shots of the governor - I will have pics of the valve body in a day or two.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394117235.609171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394117249.824676.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394117259.707450.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394117269.324261.jpg

Looks like the small weight was "cut" after it was stamped. There is probably an old guy out there somewhere that knows what all goes into a brf vb/gov but now retired. Love to ask him some questions.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes it's a hydramatic reman and it was probably from back in the day and whoever exchanged it got the correct calibration. If the br1/2/3 is gone off he side of the vb you can look at the sleeves for the tv valves (aluminum plugs on the end) they should be stamped 15, F, and 21 iirc