GM parts

RossGN

What is the best online source for GM parts? Looking for OEM timing chain and gear set.

GM hasn't made them in a long time Ross. If you're absolutely set on stock for some unknown reason, then start searching evilbay or here on the board. There are much better options than the crappy factory units if you need to replace them.;)

The stock units last a long time. But remember that the car also has a flat tappet cam with very weak springs. If you increase spring pressure the factory nylon gear quickly becomes inadequate.
If you insist on a factory faithful rebuild I do have a OEM timing set.

It's a GNX with 98k miles. The previous owner had the car serviced almost exclusively by GM dealerships (26 years of GM receipts). Just trying to use OEM as much as possible.

Have tried ordering from gmpartsdirect, yesterday, but will not accept order when submitted.

I had a new in box stock timing chain set. I took one look at the plastic teeth, threw it in the trash where it belonged.

You can go to www.partsvoice.net and put those GM numbers into their search function, it will find them at stocking car dealerships. Its showing very few still available from GM. But your local dealer can usually order from any other dealer. Two of the collector car supply places have them