Giving GM a bad name

How the cr@p can you not get your manual trans out of gear or shut the key off?????? No clutch or brake? They're both manual devices not electrical. I don't get it.

Oh that's pretty good. She didn't want to get a ticket so she came up with the "Oh, my car is out of control thing" She probably blew by some state trooper with radar then called 911.

She said her brakes wouldn't engage, her clutch wouldn't engage, she couldn't take it out of gear her emergency brake wouldn't work? OK, there's enough car guys in here. Who thinks this is all possible?

I don't think it's a case of giving GM a bad name. I think it's something a little strange.

On a sidebar note. It's a good thing that the police were able to get her car slowed down using the ol' CHiPs move... but if that hadn't worked, can you imagine the lawsuit and liability for damage, injury and possible loss of life?

*sigh*

That's pathetic. I'm sure she was scared, but did she look down at the floor mat? I'm betting it was bunched up under the clutch and brake. No idea about the gas. Should've yanked it out of gear and overrevved the engine before putting herself and other motorists in danger like that.

I could see, if the throttle was stuck and she couldn't get it out of gear, boiling the brake fluid or destroying the pads trying to stop, but I can't see not being able to get it out of gear or being able to shut the ignition off and then to not be able to figure out why once the 'ride' was over. Crazy.

ADAM

Here's a theory that I entertained last night that we might be overlooking.

Could this have been sabotage?? Perhaps this is the local sleeparound queen and someone didn't want her around anymore. I know that sounds far fetched, but a little less far fetched then thinking this was a multiple mechanical failure.

-- For the throttle to stick, you could just cut the throttle return spring. Don't know if she was smart enough to try pulling the gas pedal back up. Or perhaps gum or some glue under the gas pedal.

-- As for the emergency brake. Perhaps the wire was cut or 're-adjusted'. You'll notice in the video the parking brake lever is UP.

-- Brake failure could be induced by grease or some lubricant on the brake pads. I think that car has drums in the back. Any breach of the brake lines would immediately have the brake light and ABS light yelling.

-- Clutch pedal. Haven't thought of one yet for that.

-- Keeping the car in gear. I'm sure you can get the car out of gear without depressing the clutch. Especially when the car was going down hill and didn't have as much strain on the drivetrain.

Like I said before, this is just to explore all possibilities. I still think it's full BS. Or somebody REALLY put a lot of effort (unsuccessfully) to get this girl killed.

What's your thoughts.

2 theories, maybe 3

Al Queda, Global Warming, maybe she's connected to the Jacksons?!? I'm thinking a costume malfunction; her pasty lodged into the phase-discriminator circuitry, thereby disallowing any negative acceleration by the operator, who was under the control of Al Queda sleeper-cell operatives testing the response and behavior of law-enforcement personnel before launching a covert operation and attempting to make it appear another "Global Warming" incident perpetrated by the radical right wing conspirators who brought down then First- Lady Hillary"Dennis Rodman" Clinton after it was revealed that her DNA matched samples found in Roswell, NM in the late '40's. But I could be wrong. A least that what they WANT you think...hmmm

People just don't think on their feet.....

This girl has to be a moron. How can all those things happen at the same time? Maybe an Act of God (in which case it WOULDN'T be covered by insurance), or terrorism of some sort? This girl is simply looking for attention. I've been in cars where the accelerator sticks, but all you have to do is mess with it a bit and it's gone (usually). I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, there always are.

We all know the key will come back far enough to cut the power. I need some of what she's smoking.......:rolleyes: Hmmm....what to do today? I think I'll see how fast my Sunfire will go on the highway and get the police to follow me and then tell them my car is broke! Maybe I'll get on the news......

I've had the Buick stick on the GN. WOT. I didn't realize it because I just got on it real quick and was getting back on the brakes to make a turn. When I hit the brakes is when I noticed it was still charging full tilt. I was only doing 30 mph or so and the brakes still managed to slow the car down, although the back wheels went up in smoke.

As you said, it quickly let go and allowed me to repair it without doing top speed down the interstate. But in my case, it also happened in the blink of an eye, but even then, nothing like THIS happened.

I dont believe this one bit, Why didnt she pull it out of gear, (no forward motion)

turn the key off,

OR better yet... turn the Key OFF and let the compression of the engine slow the car down?

Some people are so retarded :rolleyes:

I dubb her, 'The Attention Whore':eek:

And the police aren't stupid, too? Why didn't they impound the car and check it out to see if she wasn't just pulling a fast one on them? Or maybe they did. Would be interesting to know if there was a follow up on this.

So Lucky

Wow...All those things failed at once..She is so lucky the steering wheel still worked!!!!!:rolleyes:

Russ:cool:

Bond........"Jenny" Bond

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
Wow, she should have rigged her car with an ejection seat.

Didnt she mention it was stuck as well?:eek: LOL

Russ:cool:

the gas pedal sticking I can seen (79 Regal) "carb spring broke"

the key not turning off I have seen (73 delta 88) "worn out p.o.s"

not getting it out of gear I have seen (83 international truck) "gears broke inside trans."

clutch not working (93 F250) "slave cylinder"

brakes not working trying to stop a speeding car (79 fiesta)

all this @ the same time? ya that's a crock of shi*. OH, wait a second, it was in the computer at least that's what she says!
or could it have anything to do with the blonde hair?

Yeah this is complete BULL$HIT!!!:mad:

Those cops never even seen an epsiode of "ChipS!!"

How the hell could Ponch and Jon stop a car using that technique with motorcycles, Please comone. total BS.

The only episode I saw with a runaway car, was a ladies(of course it was a woman) car had no brakes and was out of control.
Jon drove ahead and stopped traffic while Ponch pulled along side the car and the lady climbed out onto the bike.

Then the car headed downhill, and of course, smashed into a parked car flipping over 64 times causing a chain reaction of other cars crashing in balls of fire.

No one was hurt and no guns were ever drawn!

:D
Phil

Let me get this straight; key would not turn off, could not get the clutch to work, could not get the brakes (like that little 4 banger has that much torque to overcome the brakes) to slow down the car, could not pull the car out of gear, and it was as if the car was taken of by the spirit of Christine.

On top of all of this, I am sure that GM found nothing and if so, it was only a stuck throttle and the rest of this was things that were caused because of driver failure to try any of the above mentioned practices you do when you have such a thing happen.

The Congress needs to have numerous studies and new regulations on cars, such as the reverse lock that came about by the unproven Audi syndrome.

Why is it people just can't admit they screwed up and get on with life, rather that trying to sell the unknowing public that this can happen to you as well.

God lady, get over yourself and learn that driving involves much more than just changing oil, adding gas and turning the steering wheel when needed.

OK, I'm, done with my rant on this stupidity.

Mark