Give your dog an extra treat today.

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
Yesterday was truly a sad day in my house as I woke up to let the dog out and discovered he had died during the night.
He was a 6 year old Rottweiler who had no sign of illness or injury, apparently I suspect he died of GDV (bloat).
If you do not know what that is look it up and understand the risks and prevention.
I am fortunate enough to have had good amount of vacation time this past few weeks and was able to spend more time with him, taking him on rides and playing ball.
He was a very gentle dog, a trusted pal, with a cheerful disposition that never had a grumpy day in his life.
So please give your dog an extra treat for me, and appreciate all the loved ones around you.
You never know what a new day may hold in store for you.
phone pics 073.jpg

It is sad to lose a trusted companion, and I lost mine last Spring after 13 years.

She could tell when a GN or turbo car would drive up and she was there to greet any owner, but not so with any other car or truck?

Here she is on her last day.

Buddie.jpg

Yesterday was truly a sad day in my house as I woke up to let the dog out and discovered he had died during the night.
He was a 6 year old Rottweiler who had no sign of illness or injury, apparently I suspect he died of GDV (bloat).
If you do not know what that is look it up and understand the risks and prevention.
I am fortunate enough to have had good amount of vacation time this past few weeks and was able to spend more time with him, taking him on rides and playing ball.
He was a very gentle dog, a trusted pal, with a cheerful disposition that never had a grumpy day in his life.
So please give your dog an extra treat for me, and appreciate all the loved ones around you.
You never know what a new day may hold in store for you.View attachment 270947

Gave my babies extra treats today in memory of your beloved companion! Loosing a family member is always tough!

Nice looking Rottie.Ive owned 3 in the pass 25 yrs.Loved them all.So the treat that my dog had today was deer steak.deer burger and chicken.Truly sorry for ur loss.

I love my dog!! I've had dogs my whole life and each one was special in its own way, but Bree really has my heart! She's my first PitBull and she's beyond smart and loyal! She's only 3 but I dread the day I lose her. I'm very sorry for your loss guys.
WP_20160108_009.jpg

This was not a good dog day?

My wife just received a message from my youngest daughter who has 4 kids and 4 dogs.

Today when she got out of bed the 6 month old Rottweiler was found dead this morning and she is devastated. :(

As much as she loves and cares for her kids, this dog was her comfort, and joy especially having to deal with 2 teenagers and 2 younger ones, who are great, loving kids, but this dog was special to her.

It will take a day or so before we will talk as this was an emotional blow to her and will be difficult time for a while.

Last edited:
Oh man just terrible news! Sorry for everyone's loss. We have a rott....love the breed. But, no matter the breed dogs are geeat companions...Sad to lose them

Steve: Sorry to hear about the pup? Was he the one I met? (IIRC, he had a duck as a friend).
We had to put down 3 of ours in the past few years (They were all older). It's always gut wrenching.
I'm down to two these days. We hate to lose them when it's their time, but they bring us too much joy to stop having them in our lives.

Here's my kids:

Attachments

• march 2015 pics 087.jpg
    march 2015 pics 087.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 73
  • SImba Pics 006.jpg
    SImba Pics 006.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 69
Sorry for your loss… :cry: I know how heartbreaking it can be... We lost our lab "Tia" (first picture) to leukaemia last summer and like "Tonyrodz" said, I dread the day I'll lose "Sunny" my Jack Russell (second picture)… :( He's still full of energy but is going to be 10 years old this coming March.

Claude.
DSCN4271.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

I had to put my 12 1/2 year old lab down last spring. He was born while we were on our honeymoon and was with us our entire married life together. We knew we wanted another English Yellow Lab and a breader we knew called us to let us know she had a litter on new years eve. We got the first pick on the males and she specifically held the best for us so she can see him anytime. Although the 2 didn't get to know each other for long, they bonded.

Here is a picture of both of them going to the vet. The little guys first check up at 12 weeks and the older ones finally.

Now he just turned 1 and took over the alpha dog spot in the house

Attachments

• 1452359658786.jpg
    1452359658786.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1452359788933.jpg
    1452359788933.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 87
Dogs are awsome! Sorry for the losses guys.
I grew up with dogs around me and we have a 6 yr old Golden now. These animals should come factory with a skid of Kleenex for days like this. A good friend had a Rotti that he had to put down about 7-8 yrs ago. I don't think he got over the dog.

Sorry for everyone's best friend losses. Totally understand. Loss of the family dog is devastating. Been there too many times. Dogs are as much family as any human. Hardest thing I've ever had to do is make that decision to end the suffering of my pup. Never bawled so much in my life. They are truly one of the better things in life.

I feel for you guys and am sorry for your loss. If one is truly fortunate, one comes across a pet that changes their lives for the better. Whether the pet is a dog, or a parrot, it makes no matter. I had to put my Golden retriever/German shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix down a few years back. Like someone said, I too bawled like I never did before. She was awesome and she adopted my daughter and me.
I wrote a very long story about her, but I hesitate to post it as it is quite long and might bore some. If y'all are interested I'll post it.

Steve: Sorry to hear about the pup? Was he the one I met? (IIRC, he had a duck as a friend).
We had to put down 3 of ours in the past few years (They were all older). It's always gut wrenching.
I'm down to two these days. We hate to lose them when it's their time, but they bring us too much joy to stop having them in our lives.

Here's my kids:
Yes he was the one I brought along to your place. We were supposed to drive to Maryland this last Friday but I postponed the trip; there is a gaping hole in my heart where he filled it.

That really sucks! I'm so sorry. I miss my old friends as well.
When we had to put the Malinois down last year it was one of the worst days ever. I decided that we should take a break from so many dogs (3 at the time). A few months later my pitweiler needed to be put down so we were left with the angry chow. The whole house was in a malaise; Even the chow who really didn't care for the other two, seemed sad. Apparently, they grieve as we do.

While I was apprehensive about another dog, my mentality has always been that while I miss my old friends, I did all I could to give them the best life possible and that right now there is yet another soul in need and that I should make an effort, if I can, to provide a good life to a new friend.

After a short while we ended up rescuing another mutt from one of the shelters and order was restored. We prefer the "vicious breeds" (as they are called) because sometimes they either end up going to irresponsible or bad people who hurt them or let them hurt others OR they end up not being adopted and euthanized. We got our Rott. She had been a junkyard dog and was sick with Kennel Cough. Once it was cleared we discovered she had entropion (eyelashes growing inward to irritate the eyes) and needed a surgery. So, our cheap "discount dog" turned into a $2000.00 dog within a couple of months.

So, I say this to you. Take some time to grieve and then go and adopt a new friend. I'm sure that there is a special furry faced pal just waiting to go for a ride with you. Sure, the new friend won't fill the same spot in your heart but, I'm sure that they'll make a new spot.
RESCUE-DOG.jpg