Getting the STAGE 2 TTA Together... few pics...

Hell yeah!, bring that sweet biotch to the TTA reunion! That thing is going to rip!

Car will be running this weekend. I'll post up some of the finished product soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,072
Car will be running this weekend. I'll post up some of the finished product soon.

Can you tell me a little more about how your fuel rail is supplied? It looks like you have a single inlet into a "Y" at the rear, then single lines to the back of the rails, then a crossover at the front of the rails. Does it have a return? Maybe I am just missing something in the pics. I have the same intake and fuel rail setup, trying to figure out the best way to plumb it. Great looking setup!

Can you tell me a little more about how your fuel rail is supplied? It looks like you have a single inlet into a "Y" at the rear, then single lines to the back of the rails, then a crossover at the front of the rails. Does it have a return? Maybe I am just missing something in the pics. I have the same intake and fuel rail setup, trying to figure out the best way to plumb it. Great looking setup!

Thanks. There is a '90 fitting of the bottom of the regulator where the return line attaches. You'll see it in updated pictures early next week.

Wow, I really dig the exhaust system, especially the muffler and tailpipe. I assume thats not an off the shelf unit, it's all custom made? Right? What material is it? Stainless?

Looks great.

The downpipe looks small for a turbo that size. A 76 GTS would have maybe been better as it has a 3.5 downpipe and is rated for 1100 HP.

The feed line to the fuel pump looks small? Typically -10/-12 is whats used?

A flex connector on the exhuast will stop a lot of drone and buzzing.

Good Luck

Wow, I really dig the exhaust system, especially the muffler and tailpipe. I assume thats not an off the shelf unit, it's all custom made? Right? What material is it? Stainless?

Thanks. Its 304 stainless and was made for this car.

very kool. what size rim/tire u goin with out back? gonna minitub it?

Not gonna minitub the car. Will probably widen the rear rims to 9inches and run a 295, and maybe purchase a set of Weld Magnums with gold centers for the big-n-little look.

Looks great.

The downpipe looks small for a turbo that size. A 76 GTS would have maybe been better as it has a 3.5 downpipe and is rated for 1100 HP.

The feed line to the fuel pump looks small? Typically -10/-12 is whats used?

A flex connector on the exhuast will stop a lot of drone and buzzing.

Good Luck

Thanks, but this isn't my first rodeo with these cars.

Downpipe is 5 inch off the turbo and necks down. There is a 3.5 inch electric dump right where it starts to neck. FWIW, this car already made 767rwhp @17lbs of boost through the exhaust. We're quite sure it will easily make 1k rwhp with the exhaust dump added and more boost. At this point, we may have to put a pro-series Aeromotive pump or a Magna Fuel 750 on it, but everything else should be fine.

I bought this car with a broken engine due to the timing chain breaking, but most of the work had already been done by the previous owner. Previous owner said exhaust didn't buzz or rattle at all, but I guess we'll find out. He did say it was LOUD, which I like.

The feed line to the fuel pump is just fine. I made 900rwhp with this exact same setup in another turbocharged Mustang I had, so I'm not worried about it.

Made some more progress over the weekend... Car should run today sometime. Still have a few odds and ends to finish up like clean up wiring, etc...

Here's a few shots of the fabricated exhaust dump, more complete engine, etc... I'm probably going to rewire the whole car over the winter. With the factory harness and the DFI harness there are a ton of wires in this car. I would like it cleaned up.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 920
  • IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 908
A couple more...

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 654
If you ran a FAST, they make an adpater from the factory GM plug to the XFI. No cutting.

If you ran a FAST, they make an adpater from the factory GM plug to the XFI. No cutting.

I can get one for the DFI as well. I know who the guy is who makes them. I've heard that they are nothing but problems and that's from people who have used them.

The XFI one is made by Caspers. I have never heard of any issues with them.. and lots of Buicks run the XFI this way. There may be a lot of issues.. but the boxes have been pretty solid. On my TTA I never had any issue with the adapter box.

Dont know about the Gen VII adapter.. and who makes that. Dont know anyone running a Gen VII on a Buick for that matter. Not that it doesnt work.. my buddy has one tuned by Job of TurboPeople on his single turbo notch. True Street 8.17@179

Its a lot easier to splice stock stuff back on when the harness isnt cut. I only mention it because the car is 11k miles. Some care.. some dont..

Me.. if I didnt care.. i'd be running a brand new harness not a hacked up 22 year old one. Irreguardless of mileage.

Like the cutout.. neato :D