getting ready to swap ECM

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
I pulled out the ECM and the chip has "RN" on the top of it. when i pulled the chip out the part# is 9004U.

I'm curious to know if this is stock. I didn't expect to see the "RN" on the top of the plastic casing of the chip.

thanks
-Brad-

Nope, not stock. From the part # 9004U...looks to be a Kenne Bell ultimate chip..thus the U after the 9004. Some like it some don't. As far as the RN on the casing the chip was in...that is who manufactures the chip carrier...the casing:D HTH

well that is interesting! so that means i've been running around with a '85 ECM, this kenne bell chip, and the rest of the sensor's have not been modified i.e. the MAT, MAF, etc. to the '87.

with the mods below, and when I upgrade the sensors to finish the conversion.....I can cross my fingers and hope that my car will run great then right?

What's the part number on your ecm? With the mods in your sig I would think the ecm swap had already been done.

I don't know man....I've been cleaning up mess after mess with this car since I've had it.

anyway here is the part# of the ecm I just took out:

-not sure if this helps but its a remanufactured ECM
part number 7-6459
calibration code 0997IM

this is the ECM that the Kenne bell chip was in

there is a number stamped on the inside of the ECM cover that reads

That ecm is questionable. Not sure of the exact part number for the 84-85 ecm....but it is not even close to the 86-87. I would start there....another ecm 86-87 preferably. Part number you need is 1227148 and they can be found at the salvage yards or from this board. You will also need the correct calpak. Here is a link to the swap to better help.ecm swap