Gen VII has a hairball

turbochris

I'm in the process of cleaning up the wiring on my friends car. The person who originally wired it must belong to the "hair weaving club for men" and he must have practiced his tecnique on this car.

2 questions- 1. Does the fan output on a Gen VII source or sink to turn the fan on? In otherwords, does it ground a relay that has 12 volts like the original PCM does or does it actually provide the 12 volts?

2. The car has a 7 wire O2 sensor, it connects to a small black box and the box conects to the Gen VII, what is this box for?

I'm going to relocate the Gen VII in the interior and try to make the engine compartment look clean

Thanks

Thats the o2 sensor controller, just rip it all out and send it to me? WOuld like to check out the dfi gen7 :)

i dont know for sure. but it should be like the stock computer or my fast. it sends a ground to the relay.

1.) Fan control output provides a ground for the relay.

2.) Wideband sensor signal conditioner. It allows you to use the same input line on the ECM for either a HEGO or wideband sensor.

thanks. I must have removed about 500 feet of redundant wiring and I think I've used about 2 pounds of solder and 10 feet of shrink tubing already. The owner told me they had trouble when they tried to hook up the battery, I found the ground strap connected to the positive stud on the alternator.:eek: