Gen 6 DFI help

Jay Nesbitt

Lurker Member
Ok, I'm not proud....help! I bought a gen6 DFI off 'nother board....I asked was calmap 6.32 included and what was needed to run the setup....Was told "All that was needed was an interface cable...goes 'tween the dfi box and the lap top" and "a bunch of programs are included".....well, it came today and guess what....no software or maps..and there is no underhood harness to tie MAP into the MAF harness. I have a 3 bar already (from turbolink). I've read through bunches of threads and find ref to White having software (calmap) downloads and possibly programs. I can't get them to come up.

So if anyone could please help, I would be indebted!

Thanks,

J Nesbitt
j1lnesbitt@cs.com

I called Summit /Jegs today. Both said call Accel. They want $240 for a comm (or interface) cable. I think that's rediculous! I was told the cable has embedded electronics, but I could get no other help from the tech at Accel.

I called Summit back and they said $238......

Can anyone PLEASE offer help?

Thanks,

J Nesbitt

Try some of the ACCEL EMIC dealers to see if they have any. Those cables, along with the rest of the DFI 6 stuff, haven't been produced for several years. Once stock runs out, they're gone...and it'll be even tougher to find one.

racetronix on this board, sells them tell him you need it badly

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'lll try Racetronix. I keep thinking someone has a spare they would part with...or know how to build an acceptable unit...it can't be THAT hard!

JN

Caspers Electronics may make them. You can give them a call.

That is about the only one I can think of that might.

Originally posted by Reggie West
Caspers Electronics may make them. You can give them a call.

That is about the only one I can think of that might.

Commercial vendors do not generally make them due to patent issues with the product.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I called Caspers and ....no dice. We found one....not at the price I had hoped, but better than what ACCEL wanted.....If anyone wanted to share some of their sucessful programs, well that'd be very helpful, also. I have only 36# in the car, but I was trying to learn before I got carried away.....so anything would be appreciated.....(55, 60, 72, or ?)

Thanks,

J Nesbitt