GBODY's fiberglass bumper fillers install??

TMGN

Planning on installing GBODY's bumper fillers.Do you drill holes in the fillers where the indents are?Do you drill theholes larger than the bolts for adjustment?Any tips???Thanks,Tony

Hey, do you have them yet? I was wondering if they need painting or if the gelcoat looks decent? Thats what's holding me back from doing them right now is I dont have the cash for the body shop right now.

Planning on installing GBODY's bumper fillers.Do you drill holes in the fillers where the indents are?Do you drill theholes larger than the bolts for adjustment?Any tips???Thanks,Tony

Drill the hole slightly larger than the bolt at first, test fit them and the adjust the hole side to side or vertical as need be. Just be sure not to make it larger than a typical washer, but if the hole ends up larger than the washers you'll secure it with than that sucker was way off.

If they are like mine were, it will be pretty much right on from the get go.

Thanks for the tips.The gel coat is ok but I had them painted to match better.Thanks Again.

Thanks for the tips.The gel coat is ok but I had them painted to match better.Thanks Again.

You painted them before fitting them? I hope you luck out and don't have to redo anything.

Adam, the gelcoat is far from decent.

OK thanks, I didnt think it would be good, but they are high on my list of stuff to do to this car... my stock ones are saggin BAD and it's probobly the most annoying thing about my car right now.

Adam, the gelcoat is far from decent.

Adam, Project TNX is correct, the gelcoat lacks a lot. However if you don't mind doing it yourself, you can get the materials needed at the local auto parts store. You'll need sand paper of various grits, paint to match and clear coat. It'll take some time after getting the fitment aligned properly, to do the scuffing of the bumper filler, then begin slowly applying the paint, followed by topping it off with a few coats of the clear. But when it's done you'll think why didn't I do that sooner.

Pat

Yup I have done some decent rattle can jobs in the past... What Im actually thinking about doing is fitting, marking, and prepping them and then taking them to Maaco. I might get my trunk lid done at the same time the same way... some knuckle head painted in the past and didnt bother to take the spoiler off so it's bubbling at the leading edge of the spoiler... Maaco does a good job if you do the prep work... Man if I only had 3 grand I could be done with this car and it would be perfect ahahaha.:D