Gbody fiberglass fillers ?

86gn01ls1

Has any one used gbody fiberglass fillers, front and rear ?
How is the fit and finish ?
Are they bolt on or do you need to modify ?
How is the fit at the center joint ?
Is the black gel coat acceptable for a nice driver, or would they need paint ?
Any pics ?

Thanks

I think I have them front and back. I had my paint and body guy massage them and they are perfect when I had the car painted. I even blended the two rears together into one giant filler for a smooth look. You'll need to paint them to match at a minimum.

I have them and the fit and finish is perfect. You have to open up the spots for the bolt holes but otherwise it is a bolt on. Scuff sand, primer and paint.

Try this one. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...air/299465-bumper-fillers-abs-fiberglass.html

If your not very picky about fit and finish, then they'll be OK. If you think that they'll bolt right up and look as good as the stockers, right out of the box, you'll be very disappointed.

Mike Barnard

Exactly as Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) said "If your not very picky about fit and finish, then they'll be OK".
They are the best available IMO.
But, I argued with the mfg. for a long time. With no results. I bought several sets. All were molded the same. And the rear (left side usually worse) the filler will not tuck under the tail light assy. as it should. Some reglassing is needed to make it fit properly. But, they don't look too bad...even if they don't tuck under properly.
I've seen many guys say "They fit perfectly, with only minor bolt hole slotting." But, after close look at their car. I find that apparently they don't know that the fit is not correct...with the filler under the tail light assy edge.

What can I say. They are a great improvement over the OEM... broken in pieces , laying on the ground. Doesn't take much to be an improvement.

I'm glad too see guys like Mike had the same issues with the fit. I was starting to think it was just me. Thanks Mike !!!

i put white grease on all of the studs then i lined up the fillers with the body lines and transfered the grease to the fillers. then i drilled where the grease marks are and then they fit great with the center you can cut them flush and fiberglass them together and then paint the whole thing but mine are 2 pieces so it easier to remove.

Thank's for all the good info and advice.

I realy appriciate your time and help !

please continue to post pics and info.