Gave a new ss camaro a whoopin!!

InHock

Well I posted awhile back about a friend of mine had got a new SS Camaro and he wanted to show me how good it would run but we just never could get together to try it out till last night.He honestly thought that his SS had a chance! Anyway,he wanted to go from a 30 mph roll and I told him whatever he wanted to do. So it was about 10pm and we went out to the bypass [goes around our city and at that time of night there is no traffic] and we each had a friend riding with us. He put his on the floor and he jumped me about a car length until the turbo hit and I blew by him until we ran up to about 80 or 90 and he was at least 6 or 8 cars behind me. We pulled over and he said,"lets go from a dead stop.I am going to turn on my traction control " So we turned around and stopped and my rider counted to 3 and he jumped me again by about a car and half.I foot braked it and gave it to much boost and lit the tires but I got out of it and floored it again and when it bit I went by him like he was sitting still! The guy who was riding with me couldnt believe that the little six could beat a new "SS" so bad! Anyway,the guy who owns the SS could not believe it either and all he said was "Your car runs pretty good, but If I knew how to drive mine better I could give you a better race!" He informed me when I was getting ready to leave that he was going to get a chip and some other "stuff" for his car and we would have to try it again.I told him just let me know when he was ready and I will be there!

So what kinda power does ur car make? Any track or dyno times? Just curious as a comparison to the SS. Nice kill.

Yea, that chip and some stuff will be all he needs. LOL

Good job.

Mikey

That just makes me one a GN even more!!! These last four months in Iraq can't come quick enough!! nice kill!

I dont know how much horsepower and do not have any times on the car yet.Just built the motor and got it running in early december.There is a place close to me that has a dyno and I was supposed to have taken it last weekend and my friend was taking his LS1 firebird along with my GN.He was supposed to call and make an appointment but did not so we havent made it there yet.

Great kill man I can't stand them cars. Everywhere I look I see one and I think they suck, and that’s just me. Can't wait to get my car back up and go kill a few of my friends with them.

Nice kill. I like the looks of the new SS cars but still can't beat a TR for handling business.

I blipped the throttle at one a few months back as we were going to a car show. He was scared enough that when we got to the stop light he stayed 1 car length behind me...:cool:

That's respect, or fear. Either way it's nice to know you're carrying the biggest stick. (well, most of the time);)

Good kill!

Way to introduce him to the 'Dark-Side'!

Doesn't it feel great to kill a 40-some-thousand-dollar car!

:eek:

Nice kill and even though it seems like the are every where I think that's a good thing. I'm kind of tired of seeing mustangs every where you go...

The new camaro is a great car.

I see stock cars doing 13's at the track all the time.

Not too bad considering a stock 87GN pulled around the same when it came out 23 years ago.

I respect the car but really enjoy leaving them in my dust.:cool: