Gauging interest: Vintage Hot Rod magazines

Welby

My grandmother unfortunately passed away in Aug., and while going through things at her house, my dad found a bunch of his various Hot Rod and other car related magazines from the 50's through late 60's. He was just going to throw them out, but I told him I wanted them (I love looking through classic stuff like that).
But the reality is, I really don't have the room to keep them. I have a severe problem with magazines in that I can never throw them away. I still have Car Craft magazines from 1987-1989 when I was a in High School stuffed in boxes. (It's funny to look back on a Dobbertin FWD Grand Am with fat tires on the back and obnoxious paint. ---> Grand Am . I think I just threw up in my mouth a little)

I'm getting sidetracked. Anyways, if anyone is interested in buying any or all of the magazines my dad gave me, let me know. I can make a list of all of the issues and a summary of what's in them, but I'm not going to bother unless you guys take an interest in them :D . Lot's of good stuff in these, from when the classics were brand new. Interesting reading for sure.

I'm getting sidetracked. Anyways, if anyone is interested in buying any or all of the magazines my dad gave me, let me know. I can make a list of all of the issues and a summary of what's in them, but I'm not going to bother unless you guys take an interest in them :D . Lot's of good stuff in these, from when the classics were brand new. Interesting reading for sure.

Just throw them as 1 big lot on ebay. They ship media mail cheap.

Here's a list of all of them, and my opinion of their condition (I'm no expert!). They're all in very good condition, considering a couple are pushing 50 years old. Obviously there is some fading and yellowing, but not bad at all, in my opinion. I took pictures of all of the covers. If interested, PM me an e-mail address :) .

Magazine Condition

Hot Rod:

June 1965 Very Good
February 1967 Very Good
September 1961 Good, Slightly worn around staples
August 1960 Good, Slightly worn around staples, one crease in cover
April 1961 Good, Slightly worn around staples, one crease in cover
November 1959 Very Good, Slightly worn around staples
September 1969 Good, Slightly tear and one crease in cover
March 1961 Very Good, Slightly worn around staples
February 1961 Fair, no cover
February 1962 Fair, cover taped up, detached
July 1966 Very Good
September 1966 Very Good
June 1967 Very Good
February 1965 Fair, cover detached
October 1967 Very Good
March 1967 Very Good
October 1966 Very Good
May 1966 Very Good
March 1960 Very Good
November 1965 Very Good
September 1959 Very Good
September 1963 Very Good
April 1968 Very Good
March 1968 September 1964

Car Craft:

March 1963 Very Good
December 1963 Very Good
November 1965 Very Good
July 1966 Very Good

Super Stock & Drag Illustrated:

December 1965 Very Good

Car And Driver:

August 1963 Very Good

Car Life:

February 1969 Very Good
January 1966 Very Good

1967 American Car Prices: Very Good, one crease in cover

Motor Trend:

September 1964 Very Good

Road & Track:

May 1964 Very Good

Sports Car Graphic:

February 1969 Good, Slight tear near staple

Cars:

October 1964 Very Good
June 1964 Good, cover partially detached

Custom Rodder:

September 1964 Very Good
July1964 Fair, cover taped and coming off

Customs Illustrated:

April 1965 Very Good, crease through cover
December 1965 Very Good

Super Stockers:

June1965 Very Good

Popular Hot Rodding:

May 1966 Very Good
August 1964 Very Good

Motorcade Magazine:

’64 Cars Very Good

Couple pics :D

dsc00119tf5.jpg

dsc00150qb2.jpg

dsc00133ic8.jpg

dsc00140ln6.jpg

i guess just figure out what ya want for em and shoot me a price+shipping, my yahoo is same as my member name here

i guess just figure out what ya want for em and shoot me a price+shipping, my yahoo is same as my member name here

MCA,
I'd like to keep 5 of them (haven't picked any yet) for sentimental reasons, so there'd be 41 of them. Is $55 shipped unreasonable? That's $1.34 each including the shipping cost. I don't think that's too bad, but what do I know? :confused:

I was going back and forth with a guy via e-mail, he said $1 each plus shipping, but when I said I'd like to keep 5 he didn't even have the decency to respond, even after replying back, asking if he was still interested. Pissed me off, to be honest with you, I don't like wasting my time.... I'm rambling :rolleyes:

If you're interested, let me know. If it's too much, let me know. Just let me know ;) :D

Windmill there all yours...I need to curb my spending since the IRS levied my bank account yesterday...that'l teach me for showing them whos boss..LOL

O, lord. You never win against them. I had that happen to me many years ago, and it really sucks..

If windmill doesn't want them I will take them, but the Mustang one has to be part of the deal. Send me a PM is he decides against them.

O, lord. You never win against them. I had that happen to me many years ago, and it really sucks..

If windmill doesn't want them I will take them, but the Mustang one has to be part of the deal. Send me a PM is he decides against them.

I'll let you know. I PM'd him last night but haven't heard anything back yet. If he doesn't respond in the next day or so I'll contact ya..

Thanks....

Put me next in line in case the other guys above don't come through.

$55.00 shipped is a great price. I wouldn't have any problem at all with that price.

Thanks for letting us know about vintage things like this.

Jeez, everyone's coming out of the woodwork here! I wasn't sure what to ask for them, to be honest with you guys. I thought about selling them individually on eBay, but it seems like this sort of this either won't sell for .99, or they're selling for $7-10 each. Just depends on if someone sees a specific issue they really want, I guess. I'm sure I could probably make more money doing it that way, but it's alot of effort I don't feel like getting into. I'd rather just keep a few and sell the rest in bulk :). If I had limitless storage room in my house, I'd just keep them, but being stored away in a box is no life to lead, eh? I'd rather see them go to someone who'll keep them out and enjoy them. But hey, if you want to go through the hassles of selling them again, have at it :p
To be fair, I'm just going to go down the line of who wanted them first :)

Thanks, all....

Well, the lineup so far is Windmill, 70Mach1, your Grumpyness and Race Lutz. I'll post up a pic of the May '66 one later. If Windmill doesn't object, maybe I could put it aside for you. I'd sell it to you for a couple bucks and a can full of "Melissa's magic voodoo, keep it simple stupid, Instant 1 second off your quarter mile time" dust :D.

The mags are sold, Windmill's sending me a money order... thanks, man :D

Grumpy, I e-mailed pics of all the magazines to work last night, but the attachments were blocked. I didn't see any reference to a Cobra though, just glancing through it. I'll double check tonight.