gauges ?

I think they are cool, I would run the red color myself but Get whatever you want. Be nice to see someone have those, good luck,

I think they are cool, I would run the red color myself but Get whatever you want. Be nice to see someone have those, good luck,

Yea I just didn't want to be the test dummy lol! Hoping someone had used them and could say for sure yea or na! Prices are low compared to known quality gauges.

Iam using speed hut gauges there not as cheap as some but not as expencive as some ether for what you get and they will custme make them almost any way you want.

I get you on the test dummy but sometimes you got to just say F#$ it and try it out. I get it tho. These are great cars, nobody will say different. I think going with the times is great, some kept their TRs stock looking, others test out new looks or what have you. Again I would like to see somebody trying out new stuff on a TR, new setups etc. MY 2 cents.

Take care and post some pictures on what you go with.

I grabbed a set of Glowshift Boost and EGT gauges for one of my businesses' diesel trucks awhile back...they work fine, maybe 1 1/2 yrs in the truck, are they really accurate like the Autometers I have in my GN?? Don't really know but for my GN I wouldn't trust anything else but Autometers, the diesel gauges are just for monitoring any problems.

I grabbed a set of Glowshift Boost and EGT gauges for one of my businesses' diesel trucks awhile back...they work fine, maybe 1 1/2 yrs in the truck, are they really accurate like the Autometers I have in my GN?? Don't really know but for my GN I wouldn't trust anything else but Autometers, the diesel gauges are just for monitoring any problems.

For a work truck they will be fine, but for any hot rod diesel or anything with a high boost ive heard about them getting stuck. But then again ive pegged out and made my 25 psi autometer stick too.

I get it tho. These are great cars, nobody will say different. I think going with the times is great, some kept their TRs stock looking, others test out new looks or what have you.

I put VDO gauges in the car because I wanted them to have a similar look to the stock dash. BIG mistake. 4 years later I found out the Oil gauge was off by 15psi (probably 20 later), volt gauge was off by 1, temp gauge was off by about 10 deg and so on. I used to run super thick oil in my car (amsoil 20w50) because I thought I had oil pressure problems, turns out the gauge was crap. It all started when I needed a trans temp gauge and couldn't find one in VDO. Then I said screw it and bought all Auto Meter Ultra Light gauges. Then when I started the car I said, "son of a bi&%^". The Autometer mechanical oil pressure read 20 psi higher. I shut the car off and hooked up a mac tools mechanical thinking it was off. it was dead nutz pefect. The stupid VDO was off. In the past VDO was very good quality, after my experience i checked around and it turns out they are not the quality they used to be.

Buy Autometer, they will last a long time, look great and you won't have to doubt them. If you use a mechanical oil pressure gauge like I did make sure you use braided steel line and not the cheapo plastic hose that comes with them. I also put a shutoff valve in the engine compartment in case I ever have a problem I can shut the oil supply off the the gauge.

Glad I read that post. I was going to replace my Phantoms with VDOs because I too wanted the stock look. I guess I will just keep the Phantoms now.