Gateway (Metro St. Louis) Club Meeting - Sunday, August 17th

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
Invitations to join the new Yahoo group for the Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts have been emailed out to everyone that was on the current email list. It may be in your "spam" folder. You must reply to it and sign up, or you will not recieve future meeting notifications! Please go to gatewaybpe : Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts to sign up if you have not already.

The area that this club covers is roughly a 100 mile radius from the Gateway Arch in downtown St. Louis.

Come to the next Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts meeting @ Lotawata Creek on Sunday, August 17th.
Address is 311 Salem Place • Fairview Heights • Illinois • (618) 628-7373 Lotawata Creek Southern Grill Meeting @ 12:00 PM. NOTE THE CHANGE FROM THE NORMAL TIME! This was necessary to secure a room.

At this meeting we will discuss club business, as well as have two speakers:
- Eric Marshall from Turbo Tweak ( TurboTweak Home ) will be on hand to discuss his chips and answer questions..
- Jim Sickler will be discussing the installation of his Procharger supercharger from XS Performance ( Page Title ) and his experience with a supercharged 455 to date.

Invitations to join the new Yahoo group for the Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts have been emailed out to everyone that was on the current email list. It may be in your "spam" folder. You must reply to it and sign up, or you will not recieve future meeting notifications! Please go to gatewaybpe : Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts to sign up if you have not already.

The area that this club covers is roughly a 100 mile radius from the Gateway Arch in downtown St. Louis.

Come to the next Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts meeting @ Lotawata Creek on Sunday, August 17th.
Address is 311 Salem Place • Fairview Heights • Illinois • (618) 628-7373 Lotawata Creek Southern Grill Meeting @ 12:00 PM. NOTE THE CHANGE FROM THE NORMAL TIME! This was necessary to secure a room.

At this meeting we will discuss club business, as well as have two speakers:
- Eric Marshall from Turbo Tweak ( TurboTweak Home ) will be on hand to discuss his chips and answer questions..
- Jim Sickler will be discussing the installation of his Procharger supercharger from XS Performance ( Page Title ) and his experience with a supercharged 455 to date.

YAAAAAAAAAAY - now thats what im talkin 'bout... 2 meetings in 2 months and different venues, speakers.......:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: - ive been waiting for years for the "NEW" club

Spread the word. So far the number on the Yahoo group is not growing quickly. And I can not add them; they have to be submitted by the addressee themselves.

All of those that have been whining about the previous group for whatever reason, its time to step up and try something new. Contribute and be part of the solution, or just sit behind your keyboard all day and b*tch about things and be part of the problem.

I am working up a local vendor list that will be available on the group as we speak.

Hey Scott,

Did you let Eman know about the meeting? Guess he does not use comuters very much.

Talked to Scott today- NO you dont have to sign up... [if you did that would be cool] BUT either way the more the merrier - It'll be cool to get a bunch of BAD ASS BUICKS Together regardless;) :cool:

>>>> copied this from GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums - powered by vBulletin

You don't, but I'd really like to get people on the list in so that they can be alerted to other things in the area. Plus that will allow members to chat when they have questions or need help locally. Also will have a local source/vendor list. The choice is yours. Not everything may be posted, and trying to avoid mailing costs with the 'postcard' system that had been used before.

Joining the group not required. And its not like there is any dues at the moment or anything.

I would encourage all, anywhere within a reasonable distance, to come. Should be a good time. I think this area has a lot of great performance Buicks and owners, and its time we put together a good club for a change. What we've had in this area for quite some time has been less than adequate.

Is there a web page about the club or is the yahoo thing the only info? I am interested in joining but I rather check it before I commit (Please no offense!:smile: ). I was in the OK Buicks club when I first bought my TTA and lemme tell ya, I learned so much and everyone was eager to help you no matter what, kinda like family in a sense. I was hoping to find another club like that around here in the STL area. There is nothing like having a group of people with the same interest all in place that are able to help you and share resources, and those those little tricks that nobody knows about!;) Count me in +1 (my brother will be there too with his Turbo-T.)

I totally agree. Its not that the group here never existed, but it definitely hasn't had its best years in the last five or so. Some key members have passed away, and a new 'generation' of members has been developing in the area. However, the key is getting them together.

The "past" club in this area has a website at Gateway GSCA Home Page (frames) At the present, I did not really want to "continue" that club for many reasons. (1) Many people have become somewhat disgusted with the lack of activity the current club has. (2) Many people dislike involvement with the GSCA. I've been a member since 1984. But I know there are other groups out there now. Once the 'new' group gets together a few times, we can decide what national groups we wish to affiliate ourselves with, if any.

I might get the heart-transplanted Centurion to go along on the journey over to Fairview. Anything for some Lotawata!:cool:

I'll be at the meeting with my TurboTweak chiped 86 GN. :biggrin:

I have also signed up on the Yahoo group and will contine to be a Gateway GSCA member.

ElectraJim

I have also signed up on the Yahoo group and will contine to be a Gateway GSCA member.
:confused: Well...there really isn't a Gateway GSCA anymore, though. And it hadn't been an "offical" chapter for years...a decade or more, perhaps.

If everyone wants this to be called the "Gateway GSCA", we can. I'm kind of hesitating to do that, pending a little chat to see what the masses desire. And if there is enough GSCA members to actually submit ourselves as a GSCA chapter.

One disaster at a time...

ElectraJim will be speaking about the XS Performance Procharger P-1SC installation on his Electra at this event, of course. Bring LOTS of pictures, Jim!

:confused: Well...there really isn't a Gateway GSCA anymore, though. And it hadn't been an "offical" chapter for years...a decade or more, perhaps.

If everyone wants this to be called the "Gateway GSCA", we can. I'm kind of hesitating to do that, pending a little chat to see what the masses desire. And if there is enough GSCA members to actually submit ourselves as a GSCA chapter.

One disaster at a time...

ElectraJim will be speaking about the XS Performance Procharger P-1SC installation on his Electra at this event, of course. Bring LOTS of pictures, Jim!

I'm honestly confused now. So, are you renouncing your membership to the "Gateway chapter" of the GSCA?
Was this your last year as a participant at the GS Nationals? I hope not.
Chicago chapter meetings are a little too far for me to go to. :eek:

Why not leave the name alone, and let the treasurer/president/founder who started the "Gateway Chapter" Gateway GSCA Home Page (frames) decide what he wants to call it or continue with the name.

It all comes down to "whats in a name" anyway.

I'll join any club or group or whatever with "Buick" in the name, thats close to home.

This may be PM material, but so what. Almost anything goes on some Buick boards. :)

ElectraJim

Jeff hadn't collected dues from me in over a decade, and told me not to bother. Not sure how many people he actually collected dues from.

What was called the "Gateway GSCA" could not be a GSCA chapter per GSCA rules since he never submitted who the members were that were also GSCA members on a yearly (or whatever the requirement is) basis to the GSCA. So the name was pretty much faux anyway. He's pretty much said "if you want to run it, take it" for some time. In disgust over the status of things, I decided to take him up on that suggestion.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the same group. We'll decide if its still going to be a GSCA chapter shortly. However, that will require all or a majority (forget which) be GSCA members. Many are not that thrilled with the GSCA, may not want or currently be GSCA members, and thus the majority may not want to be a GSCA chapter. Its not a decision I think one person can impose on a group of people.

My thought is to have a meeting after the first of the year where (1) dues will be paid (2) election of officers will be taken (3) alignment with various national groups would be reviewed and pursued. I don't see everything happening overnight, and if everyone thinks I'm an idiot and wants to do something else, we can go that way if the majority agrees.

I know there are a lot of Buick torque lovers in this area, and I think its been a shame that the local club just hasn't been the best it can be. Its time for this region to come back and show them all what we've got!

Is this the "Gateway GSCA"? It was...and still might be. Stay tuned to find out if it still is.

I know you can't make everyone happy.... But, I think it would be best for all performance Buick people to stick to one club. Whatever it will be called. If we get everyone in a 100+ miles of STL it would still only be 30 - 40 of us. Buick hasn't even build a performance rear drive car in 20+ years. Yes, the original club definately needed some refinement. Plan to see everyone on Sunday.

Craig

Sure hope the weather holds out, not looking too good. I plan on making it up regardless of the weather.
Jeff

Sure hope the weather holds out, not looking too good. I plan on making it up regardless of the weather.
Jeff

as of 08/15 4:30PM
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 84. Light north wind.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. Light and variable wind.

Looks good to me!

ElectraJim