Gasketing for RJC PowerPlate Reinstall?

TurboMonte 2

Car Nut
When I got my car home from engine rebuilder, I found my RJC PwrPl (& gaskets) in box-of-old parts in trunk of GN.

I want to reinstall my PP & question whether I can just re-use my old gaskets (somewhat compressed--but I can align them) with or without rtv sealer,,,or should I just use rtv sealer ONLY?

And, if so, what brand/type rtv should I use? I have all kinds of sealant stuff (but not Right Stuff :mad: ) laying around (clear, white, red, gray, blue, black, spray copper).

My initial thought is to just spray both sides of each used gasket with the Permatex Copper stuff & reinstall PP.

Also, does 20 ft-# sound about right for doghouse to intake manifold bolt tq?--even running 23-24# boost??

New Stock Plenum Gaskets are available from Pete Hoffman at Kirban Performance or Brian at GBodyParts. Better than the ones that came with the Powerplate originally IMO. :cool:

I agree. Just use new gaskets. Also, I would look up the torque spec for the upper plenum bolts. They're just going into aluminum and 20-25# of boost isn't putting allot of load on those.

New Stock Plenum Gaskets are available from Pete Hoffman at Kirban Performance or Brian at GBodyParts. Better than the ones that came with the Powerplate originally IMO. :cool:

Could not find in online catalog at Kirbanperformance. However, found online at gbodyparts.com--clicked on quantity 2 @ $5 each, hit checkout & banged me $15.09 for S/H--listed at 4 pounds. Revised quantity to 1@ $5 & S/H dropped all the way to $14.66 (& 3#). Hit the big cancel "X" @ top rt portion of screen & decided to review more options.

I do understand the principles of business--profit & the like--but I must admit this caught me off guard...:eek:

I'll see what Pete Hoffman has to say/offer...

You would need to talk to Pete Hoffman personally, as he sells them himself on Ebay (PHOFF548). You might also try calling Brian at GBody. That automatic shipping calculator is enough to give you Sticker Shock !! If all else fails PM me. John :cool:

Could not find in online catalog at Kirbanperformance. However, found online at gbodyparts.com--clicked on quantity 2 @ $5 each, hit checkout & banged me $15.09 for S/H--listed at 4 pounds. Revised quantity to 1@ $5 & S/H dropped all the way to $14.66 (& 3#). Hit the big cancel "X" @ top rt portion of screen & decided to review more options.

I do understand the principles of business--profit & the like--but I must admit this caught me off guard...:eek:

I'll see what Pete Hoffman has to say/offer...

You think that was bad we had a price of $15.00 to ship a bumper out today.
Calculator doesn't always work but we catch most of the improper shipping calculations.
States right on our site shipping is estimated.
There are no handling fees.

Yeah I got hit with an extra $12 or $13 on my order. Guess it's because of the ackward size of rocker panels.

Yeah I got hit with an extra $12 or $13 on my order. Guess it's because of the ackward size of rocker panels.

It was due to the length & the weight. When the order is processed & weighed & insured it shoots a price out. If it's with in a buck or 2 we don't worry about it. up to $5.00 in your favor we don't even bother.
Every shipping company as of Sept. 1 has taken on dimensional weight over actual weight.
If your shipment would have been $20+ then the quoted price we call.
Nice thing is most customers that know us & have dealt with us over the years know we do not have a handling fee.
Crating fee would be the only exception for like a front clip. Even then we only normally charge for the materials.