Gasket?

airwolf

Is there a gasket that goes between the turbo and the header?? I couldn't remember when I put mine back together so I used an exhaust gasket that I had laying around. It fit on the studs but it's leaking like crazy! I didn't use a gasket between the turbo and the downpipe and it doesn't leak. If it's supposed to have one what kind is it and who sells it?? Thanks for the help.

I got mine from PTE when I bought my turbo. It's copper and sealed real good. I'm sure auto parts stores might carry gaskets like that. Can't remember the company name on the package that it came in.:confused:
Tarey D.
Sorry I wasn't much help. :(

Well they did not come with a gasket there from the factory. Some use a copper gasket, copper rtv or the Riveria gasket 1261269 from a gm dealer.

HTH,

Ron

Gasket is not needed. Just use a little RTV High Heat silicone. Make sure your flange and turbo are flat. I've done it for years.

Gasket

Thanks guys. I'll try it without a gasket and see how that works. Sure is nice to have expert help at a moments notice!

Gasket

Hey guys, I put it back together without a gasket and used some spray copper rtv that was laying around and it worked like a charm! Put 15lbs of boost and it held so I assume it'll be ok for a while. Thanks for the tips!