Gas tank sealer

Tonyz

Tony-Z
Has anyone used Caswell Plating gas tank sealer? If so, positive or negative?

Tony

For what a new tank costs, I'd just replace it and be done with it.

Last edited:
Holy crap, just looked up the price.... $80 on Amazon to band-aid a 30+ year old tank!

Yeah, a new one is a much better deal.

Be sure to do your research. Aftermarket tanks aren't known to fit the best. Ask me how I know. . .

Check out Eastwood. They have several different products that may help you out with your project. Good luck! BTW, we need pics.

If this were my < 30 mile GN, I would look for a NOS tank or buy a good used GN/Turbo T original gas tank from someone like FatNat or Intercooled88 here on the board. They sell quality stuff that is factory for your car and an original tank to replace your rusty one will not affect the value.

Oh, and post up pictures! :)

I agree, I don't like band aids. Was going to clean it up just to see what I have. One way or another, a new tank will be installed and the original with the pump, sending unit and old filter will stay with the car. It's just to bad that the fuel used now is crap. But, I have access to the good fuel without the ethanol added.

Ethanol has been added to fuel since the 70's. That's not what causes a tank to rust.