Gas Prices/V8 Engine Cubic Inches

reality check

the middle east turmoil has this much ->....<- of an affect on the price of oil. Its a great cover as to why prices are higher.
However, in reality
The Fed Reserve Greenspan and his successor Ben Bernanke ( I'll include the canadian version of Ben B - Mark Carney at the BOC ) and the Keynesian inflationary monetary policy has this much ->.............................................<- of an affect on the price of .....well energy, food, wheat , rice, cotton, coffee, copper.......any hard goods.
The G8 G20 nations are in a race to debase the currencies, aka QE QE2 adding liquidity, stimulus, and all the other fancy terminology used to substitute the words " printing money outta thin air " to bail out the folks who made bad decisions....ya i know you already know the facts. The US $$ lost more than 30% of its value in the last yr. CDN $$ almost as much. This is the Stealth tax as one of our politicians up here once called it. I feel sorry for anyone with a big savings account holding dollars US or CDN.
Jeeesss .......dont get me started.
Thank god I saw the light and converted my meger savings to silver bullion at $18 - 20 /oz. over the summer.

We havn't seen high prices yet boyz. If you want to lower prices get Ron Paul in office - I only know he and a couple other guys down there understand economics. "Real economics" as the Austrians call it.. No comment on his views on the other stuff. Sorry this should be in the other section.

Shouldn't there be a limit on displacement size / gas price like they impose on nascar , NHRA / IHRA top fuel, etc.....

Well, reading all this makes me glad I just bought another moped today. I now have 5 plus some parts bikes. I'm speculating, LOL.

Just got home tonight from the Airport in KC and filled the 09 Suburban...... first time ever it hit the $110.00 mark...... 31.xx gallons @$3.45 a gallon..

the middle east turmoil has this much ->....<- of an affect on the price of oil. Its a great cover as to why prices are higher.
However, in reality
The Fed Reserve Greenspan and his successor Ben Bernanke ( I'll include the canadian version of Ben B - Mark Carney at the BOC ) and the Keynesian inflationary monetary policy has this much ->.............................................<- of an affect on the price of .....well energy, food, wheat , rice, cotton, coffee, copper.......any hard goods.
The G8 G20 nations are in a race to debase the currencies, aka QE QE2 adding liquidity, stimulus, and all the other fancy terminology used to substitute the words " printing money outta thin air " to bail out the folks who made bad decisions....ya i know you already know the facts. The US $$ lost more than 30% of its value in the last yr. CDN $$ almost as much. This is the Stealth tax as one of our politicians up here once called it. I feel sorry for anyone with a big savings account holding dollars US or CDN.

Exactly right, oil prices are pinned to the dollar,+ the weaker our dollar gets because of the fed monetizing the debt(printing money)the higher oil goes.
The US monetary base,(The amount of dollars in circulation) has gone from about 800,000 billion since 2008 to about 2.2 trillion now, almost trippled,simply put, The more dollars in circulation ,the less they are worth + the less the dollar is worth, the more expensive the oil is.Add to this the mid east probs + it doesn't look good for oil + gas prices down the road.
Alot of this newly printed money has not hit the economy yet,banks are hoarding it,industry is holding back on spending,+ more people are saving, but as it filters more + more into the economy,inflation will climb + keep climbing as it is now,but will get much worse in the future if they don't,suck that money back out,but it is much easier to print it then it is to take it back.
Google: "Monetary base" + look at a chart, or "Monetizing the debt" + see what it says, or "Is the US monetizing the debt".
And guess what they are indicating that they want to print even more, much more.

Cheapest I remember gas being was $1.09 and that was back in '95 when I started driving. The economy is in the ****ter and IMO high gas prices are pouring salt on the wound. Then people want to bitch and moan about how the only people bitching and moaning are the ones driving gas guzzlers or the ones who live 50 miles from work. Like buying a new fuel efficient car as opposed to filling up your old one is going to be cheaper, not to mention relocating isn't as easy as it used to be. Perhaps when cash 4 clunkers was going on, they should have given away free gas sippers in exchange for your guzzler as opposed to getting you to help stimulate the new car sales by buying a new car you couldn't afford to begin with. :rolleyes:

When I started driving I recall diesel being 72 cents a gallon... When I got my Camaro in 89 I recall filling it every friday with 10 bux and driving all week... I think premium was $1.20 or 1.30 IIRC...

My Expedition only drinks the "good Stuff". As of today $3.60 per gallon at the local Kroger... :eek:

The Buicks are each taking nearly $60 to fill...

I get two NY papers every day....one had article with photo showing the 3 prices at the pump they were $4.09, $4.19 and $4.29 for premium.

409 is one of the popular cubic inch sizes for Chevy back around 1961-62

429 I believe was used by Ford also did a 428 around the same time.

419 not sure if that number ever was used perhaps someone may tell us otherwise.

Can the hemi 426 be far behind?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I get two NY papers every day....one had article with photo showing the 3 prices at the pump they were $4.09, $4.19 and $4.29 for premium.

409 is one of the popular cubic inch sizes for Chevy back around 1961-62

429 I believe was used by Ford also did a 428 around the same time.

419 not sure if that number ever was used perhaps someone may tell us otherwise.

Can the hemi 426 be far behind?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hopefully, you can keep comparing the prices to engine size,but if it keeps going ,soon you will be out of cubic inches + will be comparing prices to Turbo Diesel torque #'s, + i believe the newest Duramax makes 765 ft lbs.
Lets hope it stays in the cubic inch range,+ shifts toward the small block side.:)

Hopefully, you can keep comparing the prices to engine size,but if it keeps going ,soon you will be out of cubic inches + will be comparing prices to Turbo Diesel torque #'s, + i believe the newest Duramax makes 765 ft lbs.
Lets hope it stays in the cubic inch range,+ shifts toward the small block side.:)

I don't think you will get any argument there! As a teenager in the sixties I member my Dad saying when back when he thought we would see gas costing a $1 or more....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Your rite soon we will be passed all the possible car cubic inch combos.....least ones I can think of. I think Caddy may have the largest.

I remember .24 a gallon in 1971 (13 at the time) when gassing up my Honda CT70H which held 1/2 gallon. I would pick up glass coke bottles on the side of the road and ditches and take them to the grocery store for a refund to make that gas money. I could ride over a week on a .17 fill up! :wink:

Honda CT70, you couldn't kill those things! Loved mine that I had around that same era. Probably should find one again to commute with.:biggrin:

I remember .24 a gallon in 1971 (13 at the time) when gassing up my Honda CT70H which held 1/2 gallon. I would pick up glass coke bottles on the side of the road and ditches and take them to the grocery store for a refund to make that gas money. I could ride over a week on a .17 fill up! :wink:

Lucky bugger, all i could afford was a Z50,but apired to own a CT70, (my lifes goal at the time )with its fold down handle bars + clutchless 3 spd + 35 mph top speed.
They weighed less then 150 lbs+ could fit in the trunk of a car.
They are collectors items now.

However, in reality

Exactly right, oil prices are pinned to the dollar,+ the weaker our dollar gets because of the fed monetizing the debt(printing money)the higher oil goes.
The US monetary base,(The amount of dollars in circulation) has gone from about 800,000 billion since 2008 to about 2.2 trillion now, almost trippled,simply put, The more dollars in circulation ,the less they are worth + the less the dollar is worth, the more expensive the oil is.Add to this the mid east probs + it doesn't look good for oil + gas prices down the road.
Alot of this newly printed money has not hit the economy yet,banks are hoarding it,industry is holding back on spending,+ more people are saving, but as it filters more + more into the economy,inflation will climb + keep climbing as it is now,but will get much worse in the future if they don't,suck that money back out,but it is much easier to print it then it is to take it back.
Google: "Monetary base" + look at a chart, or "Monetizing the debt" + see what it says, or "Is the US monetizing the debt".
And guess what they are indicating that they want to print even more, much more.

So what's this gonna do to the banking industry? The lenders that locked in 3-4% interest rates over 30 years. They are gonna go bankrupt. And then to save them, we'll just print more money and hand it to them. :rolleyes: And then the non fixed rates go through the roof, housing market tanks even worse, etc. This will not end well. But it IS a perfect example of the american way. Spend money you don't have and figure out how to pay for it later.

The biggest problem with politicians running budgets is that they don't EARN a single damn dime. They just take it, and "impose" themselves a rate hike for whatever THEY feel is important. We should make them go door to door and collect donations for each new spending spree, as well as their own salaries. I bet they'd stop handing it out so freely when they couldn't collect enough to pay their damn gas bill.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing earlier today about matching gas prices to past engine sizes lol:p!

As one might suspect the escualating gas prices was big on the news tonite.

They did show gas prices for some city in California at $4.99 per gallon. What makes this even seem higher to most of us is the fact I am fairly certain 91 is the highest octane available at most pumps in California....in other words $4.99 is not even buying them the best "stuff" that most of the other states have available.

Put another way....won't be long before a c-note is needed to fill a 20-22 gallon tank. The President seems to still be on the fence about releasing the reserves....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was a high school senoir in 87.
I had an old ford carbd 4bgr that got about 14-15 mpg.
I specifically remember gas being $.95-.99/gal and when it went over $1 there was some sort of movement then trying to get people to stop buying gas.
It's never worked as far as I know.
The Oil companies will get thier profit whether we like it or not.
Our generation is additicted to petroleum.

Sure most of you caught the news....most expensive gas in the USA as of today sits in Orlando Florida near the airport where unsuspecting tourist usually fill up their rental cars before returning them.

For that gesture these station owners in that area charge $5.39 per gallon.

I think they should plan to have 24 hour security as this is going to sit to well with everyone.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

For the few residence that live in big sky country - Montana they have the cheapest and until a few years ago had no posted speed limits you could drive as fast during the day light hours as long as it was safe.

Ironic isn't it?

While our government sits and ponders about how things around the world seem to be crumbling as each hour ticks off.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com