garage floor coatings

Tommyg

Anybody have any recommendations on this? I can get a Quickcrete product on ebay for about $75. I don't want to spend thousands to have it professionally done?

I tried the rustoleum brand. It's crap. Prepared the floor perfectly, my concrete was in great shape to start with, peeled in three weeks. Not the first if heard with them either.

I had a company called Premier Garage come out. Removal of the rustoleum epoxy and putting down their product was $1700 for a 2 1/2 car garage.

It has a warranty as long as you own your house against anything and it looks awesome! I've had all auto fluids on it, no discoloration or peeling.

Rustolem has a product at Home Depot for about $200.00. It's enough to do an oversize two car garage and works great. It's two part catalyst which hardens as it cures and is stain resitant. You can add color flakes to the finish or leave it solid. You just have to stay off it for a couple of days to let it cure well.:cool:

I did my 2.5 car garage with the rustoleum paint kit, from the depot as well, Its stood up for 3 winters now with no peeling or chipping at all, I keep the Gn sleeping under cover on one side and the daily on the other, its held up excellent even with the salt and snow, and once spring comes pull everything out and powerwash the garage and it looks great again

I DID MY 2 CAR GARAGE WITH U-COAT IT, BEEN ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW AND IT STILL LOOKS GREAT!! THE KIT COMES WITH EVERYTHING .:cool:

VINCE

For everything you ever would ever want to know about garage floors, go here.

I used this and am very happy with it.

Don't go high dollar

I have a house with a four car garage that was a show home. The builder used the top of the line urethane. Yes, it is not effected by oil, gas or anything else. Also nothing sticks to it, like ramps (unless they are bolted into the floor). Makes it tough to do anything with the vehicle in the air, everything slids with little effort. I have even thought of putting in a pit. (roof is not high enough to put in electric lifts) It also traps all dirt and oil on the surface which makes a "tracking" mess into the house. I was hoping it would wear out but it has 13 years on it and it still is like new. I wish he would have done the Sear's coating.

I have a house with a four car garage that was a show home. The builder used the top of the line urethane. Yes, it is not effected by oil, gas or anything else. Also nothing sticks to it, like ramps (unless they are bolted into the floor). Makes it tough to do anything with the vehicle in the air, everything slids with little effort. I have even thought of putting in a pit. (roof is not high enough to put in electric lifts) It also traps all dirt and oil on the surface which makes a "tracking" mess into the house. I was hoping it would wear out but it has 13 years on it and it still is like new. I wish he would have done the Sear's coating.

I had mine done with a pro-level product. But the guy got the 'traction' material just right. Even when the floor is we its not too slippery. I think u-coatit has some sort of sulfur-dioxide powder that you spread between layers to get the gritty surface.

I have a mat that is holding up great! 10 x 20 for $500.

Attachments

• DSC00455 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00455 (Custom).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 88