Gains with 3.5" Maf

vader t

I just added 65lb injectors and a PT-61 to my combo in sig and I am getting ready to replace my badly worn inlet tube ( part of old kenne belle cold air). My stock MAF is working okay, but before i spend the money on hard pipes for the stock MAF, what advantages or gains do you guys think I'll get by going with a larger MAF is this the next logically mod? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by vader t
I just added 65lb injectors and a PT-61 to my combo in sig and I am getting ready to replace my badly worn inlet tube ( part of old kenne belle cold air). My stock MAF is working okay, but before i spend the money on hard pipes for the stock MAF, what advantages or gains do you guys think I'll get by going with a larger MAF is this the next logically mod? Thanks in advance.

The late model MAFs, are more reliable, and have a much better temp. compensation. It is just a matter of time before you have to switch to it.

009's.... Might do just as well with a 3".

Originally posted by vader t
i swapped out the 009's for 65lbrs when i did the pt 61 a few weeks ago.

Arrgh, sorry.

For 61/65s then ya, go ahead and do the 3.5.

I was running that combo for awhile, and used a 3->3.5 hose adapter at one end, and then a 3.5->4" at the other. Then 4" piping to the Air Filter.

Will the car pick up any hp/tq by increasing the flow with a 3.5"? Anybody have any real world experience?

I recently took a GEN 6 Dfi off of my car and put a Trans+ With a LT1 3" Maf...Modded ecm for 75lb Injectors.

I placed the MAf in the up-pipe because I didnt want to reduce my 4" Maf pipe at all.And my up-pipe from the Frontmount is 3" as is the 70mm TB...So I figured if the up-pipe and Tb opening are 3" then a 3" Maf should work just fine.

First trip to the track with the car since I have owned it...10.72@125

TurboTweak Street chip....22-23lbs of boost....On M/T Drag Radials.Turbo is a 70GTQ

And excellent Driveability....Best run with the DFI in race trim was 10.30@131...I plan on getting very close to that # on Erics street chip,With a Maf in the car.

:D