G/N hotrod project

sorry was a bit tired. yes was wondering if you were using a stock ecm from a truck or if you were running a stand a lone set up

the Vin Number...

Are you telling me the only difference is the VIN #?!! (Sorry I'm fairly new here) I would have thought that a diesel would have been heavier than a comparable gas engine and required more mass in the front end.
Josh

I think in order to pass california emissions requirments he needed to start with a diesel car in order to swap in a diesel engine.

Are you telling me the only difference is the VIN #?!! (Sorry I'm fairly new here) I would have thought that a diesel would have been heavier than a comparable gas engine and required more mass in the front end.
Josh

Not to hard to believe.... these cars were full steel frame cars.... just like a truck would be.....

Much stronger than a "sub-frame" car....

Absolutely Awesome!

:cool: You sir are helping usher in a new ERA of repowered/rethought performance oriented automobiles. This thread and "buzz" about this car is all over the internet. Kudos to you and I must say this is one of the most intriguing builds I've ever seen.

:cool: You sir are helping usher in a new ERA of repowered/rethought performance oriented automobiles. This thread and "buzz" about this car is all over the internet. Kudos to you and I must say this is one of the most intriguing builds I've ever seen.

Thank You :smile:

I guess its not bad ...being its my first project ever :eek:

THE DIESEL REVOLUTION HAS BEGAN

Thank You :smile:

I guess its not bad ...being its my first project ever :eek:

THE DIESEL REVOLUTION HAS BEGAN

I'd love to see this car in person. I just read all 6 pages of the thread going "God damn this thing is sweet!" Having owned a couple GN's before (both '87's) something like this had never crossed my mind. Kudos to you sir.

You know there was this guy named Lou Czarnota who had a radical idea about 10 years ago.

He found an 86 or 87 Regal that came from the factory with a diesel motor. He had this wild idea of putting a small block Chevy motor with 2 turbos on it and running it on the strip. The funny thing was that there were no emissions laws to worry about so he could register it for the street if he wanted to.

It seems the idea has come full circle now .......

I have to admit I kinda like it. The read up before the pics made me think it would be a joke. Not at all that is pretty kool!

How much should I lower the front end?

In pursuit of a better smoother ride I have decided to change the front springs from 250lb to 350lb, but now the front seems to be too high.
The following measurements are from the ground to the top of the fender....

* Front/left(driver) = 27.75"
* Front/right = 27.75"
* Rear/left(driver) = 27.50"
* Rear/right = 27.75"

Where should I start?

Attachments

• DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 991
  • DSC00288.jpg
    DSC00288.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 971
You have done an amazing job on this project :eek: The interior looks super clean too. Are those leather Recaros from an Evo? This looks like a $100k + project to me. Keep them videos coming.

You have done an amazing job on this project :eek: The interior looks super clean too. Are those leather Recaros from an Evo? This looks like a $100k + project to me. Keep them videos coming.
The seats are Recaros, but I don't know if they go on an Evo.
BTW....you are way off on your $100k comment. :biggrin:

You know there was this guy named Lou Czarnota who had a radical idea about 10 years ago.

He found an 86 or 87 Regal that came from the factory with a diesel motor. He had this wild idea of putting a small block Chevy motor with 2 turbos on it and running it on the strip. The funny thing was that there were no emissions laws to worry about so he could register it for the street if he wanted to.

It seems the idea has come full circle now .......

Hey Reggie!

YUP...I know that guy, Lou is da-bomb! :cool:

odd gnx - Love your car man, maybe in about 3 years I'll be back in CA. Would love to check it out!