G-Body Turbo Drain?

forzfed

I purchased this from G-Body. http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=832&osCsid=01ad80a8534f4b54ea921d764077da2c

Seems like it will work great going to the turbo. But there is no way I can hook it up to the block. The fitting is way too small and it has to go to a fine thread to go into the pipe fitting in the block. Anyone know what I need? I've been running around town trying to find something. If it was all pipe it would be no problems but the fine thread screws everything up!!

I believe You have to use your factory brass fitting that goes to the block..

Yes I tried but it is fine thread, NOT pipe. And the pipe fitting then needs to go into an adapter to increase size and go to fine thread. Not happy I'm trying to get the car track ready and I wasted my time on this, so in the end I just tossed it! And I have a nice leak free turbo drain now.

Pretty sure you have to take out the stock fitting in the block, then screw the G-body fitting directly into the block.

If its anything like the braided stainless steel drains sold a few years ago...thats what I had to do.

I must admit, I bought one put it on ran it for about 100 miles then went back to the factory set up. I am trying to go from memory, but I remember taking my brass fitting out then realized it had to be there. I don't recall purchasing anything else.
Sorry I could not help.

Pretty sure you have to take out the stock fitting in the block, then screw the G-body fitting directly into the block.

If its anything like the braided stainless steel drains sold a few years ago...thats what I had to do.

I was thinking that is what you might have to do, but regardless I have no fittings for that to work. I hit the local speed shops and they had nothing and all the major fitting suppliers aren't open on the weekend. It comes with a heater hose fitting that is way too small. So you have a 1/2 " NPT fitting that would then go to the fitting in the block which doesn't work since it is 3/4" or 1".

It comes with a heater hose fitting that is way too small. So you have a 1/2 " NPT fitting that would then go to the fitting in the block which doesn't work since it is 3/4" or 1".

Yeah thats what I'm sayin, unless I'm not totally understanding you....but you have to remove the factory brass fitting in the block. You need a 1 1/4" wrench or socket to remove it.

Once you remove it, you'll see the hole in the block is 1/2" NPT...the Gbodyparts fitting is also 1/2" NPT. The Gbodyparts fitting should screw directly into the block (don't forget the teflon sealer). You shouldn't need any additional adapters or fittings either.

That makes total sense now, thanks! Unfortunately, it still doesn't help me because this is on my 4.1 and the hole is right by the webbing of the block. I guess I'll keep it for my 3.8.