FWD to RWD Transplant

79bird

Would anyone have info on an adapter plate to mate a fwd Buick (obviously) to a rwd tranny? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

If you want a newer 3800 to start with get one from an f-body. They are already rear drive cars and can be found fairly cheap now.

3800 - RWD conversion

GM 700R4 from Any RWD S-10, Camaro,Firebird, Will bolt Together Like it was ment to be that way, Stick with 87-92 700`s For Tv cable Usage, Or 93- Up
4L60-E to be Used with Computer Assist. I Have been wondering for too Long
Why haven`t FWD-To-RWD taken place with Turbo-3800 Buicks into The W-Cars, Superior Engine Design When compared to 3.8 Old School. FWIW point of View. KLM.:rolleyes:

GM 700R4 from Any RWD S-10, Camaro,Firebird, Will bolt Together Like it was ment to be that way, Stick with 87-92 700`s For Tv cable Usage, Or 93- Up
4L60-E to be Used with Computer Assist. I Have been wondering for too Long
Why haven`t FWD-To-RWD taken place with Turbo-3800 Buicks into The W-Cars, Superior Engine Design When compared to 3.8 Old School. FWIW point of View. KLM.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure only a rwd trans from a 60 degree motor would work. I.E. 2.8, 3.1, 3.4. 4.3s use the standard chevy bolt pattern.

Turbo T/A headers would bolt up. (I think)

I was going to install a FWD supercharged 3800 into the BACK of a Toyota P/U a few years ago. I changed my mind when I found out the poor reliabilty of the FWD differential. I was just going to lock out the steering and weld it in place. Thought it would be kinda cool to do wheelies on the street.:biggrin: But, I found out the differential would spit itself out all over the road.
Have they beefed up the differential recently? If so, I still might try it.