Funny story about my Regal GSE at Uncle Eds Oil Change

ChrisFrez

The Other Originator!!
I just got back from a 620 mile trip to Indiana from Detroit I was taking for business and my Oil life was down to about 6% and my Change Oil Light was on. So I headed out to Uncle Ed's Oil Change shop to get my oil changed there.

So I pull my car into the service bay and the kid with the clipboard starts asking me about the car for the info and then goes around back to get my license plate number. While he's back there I here him say "Ohhhh it's Supercharged". He comes back up to me and says "Sir, the manufactorer recommends you go with Full Synthetic Mobil 1 in this car because it's Supercharged - if you don't, it will screw up your motor". I start laughing - I say "No thanks, i'll take my chances" :)

The next thing was even funnier - as they were getting ready to re-fill the oil another guy comes up and says "I need 5 quarts of 10w-30 to fill" - the kid responds "The oil cap says 5W-30". The other guys responds "That is wrong - the manufactorer is putting wrong caps on these cars - this car HAS to have 10W-30 because it's Supercharged and runs really Hot".

Ahhh - the adventures of getting your Oil Changed :)

Actually that is odd, because the 3800 IS supposed to run 10W30. At least every one I've seen

-T

The oil fill cap on my '99 Regal GS reads "10W-30" as well.

Hope this helps,
Morgan
'87 GN (11.1s @ 120), '99 Buick Regal GS (14.22 @ 98.1)
'67 Buick GS California 340 (beautiful original FOR SALE)
'96 Buick Roadmaster Limited LT1 with a couple of mods

Originally posted by turbota
Was that at the "Uncle Ed's on Van Dyke ??

Actually, I went there the first time I got my oil changed and they were pretty good. I went to the Uncle Ed's near my house this time, on 13 & Grosebeck.