Fullthrottle Alky Kit?

whtturbot

Can some one give me some feedback on their kit. Correct me if im wrong but that is the Razor Kit right? My biggest concern is the alky tank. I appears that the alky tank goes where the factory overflow tank is, so what is being done for the coolant overflow? Last question, how much boost can you really dail up?

Jeff C.

87 T pte61, stretch intercooler, comp roller 212 , 50#, ported intake, DFI gen 6

You are correct, it's razor's kit. You are correct, that's where the tank goes.

They include an overflow tank for the coolant only problem is where you mount it... do a search on that one!

Warning, if you don't have a 3 bar map it's not included with the kit from fullthrottle.

How much boost, depends on your balls!?!?!? I run 22#'s safely with a 61. Looks like you have good aftermarket computer stuff... I guess how much boost you can dial up really depends on how well built and how much wear and tear your engine has seen.

Good luck

yes it is razors kit. the kit provides you a new over flow bottle for the radiator where you can mount just about anywhere. you can do a search and find where people are mounting them. Also i have run my car to 28psi on alky and 91 for awhile then it lifted a head.

Hey Boost 231 are you going to SRI for import and Street Legal night manana??? Its so much fun! Go my car loaded on the trailer, dont trust the weather man!

no im waiting on my XFI unit to come in and my new alternator since it went out.

Can some one give me some feedback on their kit. Correct me if im wrong but that is the Razor Kit right? My biggest concern is the alky tank. I appears that the alky tank goes where the factory overflow tank is, so what is being done for the coolant overflow? Last question, how much boost can you really dail up?

Jeff C.

87 T pte61, stretch intercooler, comp roller 212 , 50#, ported intake, DFI gen 6

Jeff, yes. I'm suprissed your on a gen 6 with a mild combo. You wont need a 3 bar since your gen 6 should be on one.

HTH

Razor,

I run the gen 6 because I got it for next to nothing. Motor was just rebuilt, still working out some bugs ( think i have spark blow out) most boost i could run is 16# and have it pull clean. I have just put in some auto lite 23 gapped at .28 so we will see what happens. Where is the best place to mount the new coolant tank? Going to the track on Sat. so looks like ill be running race gas this time around, but I like the alky idea ! Id like to se 23-25 psi if I go with 93 & alky, think its possible?

Jeff C

87 T

Razor,

I run the gen 6 because I got it for next to nothing. Motor was just rebuilt, still working out some bugs ( think i have spark blow out) most boost i could run is 16# and have it pull clean. I have just put in some auto lite 23 gapped at .28 so we will see what happens. Where is the best place to mount the new coolant tank? Going to the track on Sat. so looks like ill be running race gas this time around, but I like the alky idea ! Id like to se 23-25 psi if I go with 93 & alky, think its possible?

Jeff C

87 T

The 23-25 PSi with alky isnt the problem. Its the tuning. With a new engine you need to minimize question marks. That is why I asked why the Gen6. A stock ECU would have been my choice for "figuring it out" then a switch to the Gen6 after the fact. Things like vacuum leaks are hard to find with aftermarket ECU's.

The minioverflow mounting goes in front of the battery, or on the fan shroud, or inside the fender, or on the drivers side, or... anywhere you like. It measures 3x3x9 so it can go anywhere.

I never have had spark blowout at that low boost even with plugs gapped at .035. I'd be looking for other issues and save you problems at the track. More than likely your coil pack is going south. Easiest thing is to swap it for a known good one..

HTH

Razor,

The problem was occuring at 20-21 pounds of boost. The coil Ohm'd out at 11.2/11.3/ 11.4 dont think that is the problem. I was running ac 43 gapped at .34 while on the dyno. The car never went lean on the wide band. Ive changed the plugs as ive said so we will see. I have the timing set to 18 deg at full boost.

Jeff C.

87 T

Razor,

The problem was occuring at 20-21 pounds of boost. The coil Ohm'd out at 11.2/11.3/ 11.4 dont think that is the problem. I was running ac 43 gapped at .34 while on the dyno. The car never went lean on the wide band. Ive changed the plugs as ive said so we will see. I have the timing set to 18 deg at full boost.

Jeff C.

87 T

Yup.. past 20 PSI.. then its time to start gapping them down. When you do put the alky on, you'll need to retune your WOT VE fuel tables. 18 degree's is fine, typically we run 21-24 degree's. But you need octane.

Thanks for all your help. Im going to be getting a kit, so before the year is out(cooler weather on its way) ill return to the track with it. It will be interesting comparision between the race gas and the alky runs. The goal is to make 500 rear wheel horse power. I have a feeling when this turbo gets into the mid 20's for boost the power will pick up. Right now with 16 pounds the car is making around 405, thru the exhaust, with an A/F in the 11-12 range.

Jeff C
87 T