Fuel

ccbrett

QUICK 6
:mad: With the rising cost of fuel prices how many of you guys use 87 with octane boost if so which octane boost and is there any change in your cars performance good or bad. I am still running 93 octane in mine but wont be long premium will be crazy high.

Dont throw your $$$ in the GARBAGE with that JUNK! Using Xylene is good but still costly! Better just to clean the system with it yearly & get the bonus of the added octane Xylene adds.
Run alchy & 87 with a good Alchy chip from TT & your good to go for a daily driver with 18 lbs boost. When its track day use premium 94 & a few gallons of 110 race gas with the alchy & run 26-30 lbs boost. Alchy is a $$ saver & boost gainer for us! Best BANG for the $$$ when upgrading!! Just use methyl hydrate from any paint store for $6 a gallon & its good for at least a week of driving if not more!
Alchy rules! Saves $$ & gains boost so what else can you ask for?

yeah the only thing octane boost does is boost the wallets of those who make it, it turns your plugs red/brown and you wind up with engine miss at higher R's

Remember that garbage raises octane in Tenths of points & not full points like they lead you to believe!

Hey guys thanks for the replies so how exactly does the alky work is it like Nitrous and does the TT chip control the boost. I gues how does it all tie in. Also what is the best kit to get and from where. Thanks.

Alky cools the charge in intake, perhaps a little octane rating boost but the cooler them temps the better you can tune.

the chips add a prescribed amout of fuel and timing for a boost figure, so if chip is burnt for 18#s of boost and you crank it up to 22 then you would have to adjust the fuel and timing on the chip which is adjustable

Errr i guess..lol

There are a MILLION posts about alchy! Really!
Your main choices are SMC, Razors or Cooling Mist is a new vendor. All are in use here & do the same basic thing. Just each is setup differently with costs being similar. I would check out each system with their site info & decide for myself. They are MANY members who say theirs is better because blah blah blah Thats why a seach will bring MANY Opinions. Some who are creative just make their own from the instructions Steve Munro & others have posted.
Do some reading & make your choice. Dont let the board go crazy on this subject (yet again & again) to influence you. Spend your $$ with who you like & not who your told you should like! Have FUN!!! ;)

In the end its $$$ WELL SPENT!!!

jst so i understand the kit is set up to work when your boost level rises. Thanks

Yes.... all the new(er) systems are progressive... more boost=more alky. You can adjust the turn-on point, ramp of the progression, and max flow. Just go the the alky section of this site and start reading.... better get a cold one.... there's alot to read.. :)

Yes.... all the new(er) systems are progressive... more boost=more alky. You can adjust the turn-on point, ramp of the progression, and max flow. Just go the the alky section of this site and start reading.... better get a cold one.... there's alot to read.. :)

YUP!!! Maybe 2 cold ones!! ;)