Fuel Tank - Fuel Pump

Big Kahuna

I have an 86 GN T-Top car with 34,000 miles that's had some of the tricks applied. I'm really more of a Mopar Drag Racer (run NSS all over the country in a 65 Coronet) -- but I like the ability to hop in the GN, driver to the track, put some C-14 in it, let a little air out of the tires -- make a dozen passes -- fill up the Street ETs and drive back home.

However, recently my car started to run like **** -- like water in the tank feeling. When I change the filter and saw all of the crap -- I drained the tank -- and it looked pretty nasty. The car got better with new gas -- but not good enough. Now I have a little gas leak in it. As long as I'm going to replace the tank, I might as well take care of everything at that end.

Again, I'm an old Mopar guy that really doesn't know much about these cars -- but if I was to do the car right -- what (make model) is the best gas tank (rear sump?), fuel pump, strainer -- and what else would I need to get everything in one order?

Thanx
Dave

Thanx -- but I'd really prefer to buy a new tank, and prefer if there is a rear sump tank. I see where a new replacement tank is $235 -- but I'm all interested in everything I need to replace the fuel pump and do the job right with the best stuff.

no luck over at moparts.com ? just kidding....i too was a mopar guy at one time. i had a 70 dart swinger 340 (shwinger) i would upgrade to the walbro 340 with hotwire kit. all this comes from www.racetronix.com :cool:

MoFarts! Shame on you -- www.moparstyle.com is the best Mopar Internet site lol

Kool -- I made the right move, I got that model for the pink/tan/black wire and a new tank, but from G-Body. The fuel pump that came out look stock and it was nasty. It might pump 4 gals an hour.

MoFarts! Shame on you -- www.moparstyle.com is the best Mopar Internet site lol

Kool -- I made the right move, I got that model for the pink/tan/black wire and a new tank, but from G-Body. The fuel pump that came out look stock and it was nasty. It might pump 4 gals an hour.

oh yea, your over thare......see, its been a long time. :D

[sarcastic]GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM G-BODY[/SARCASTIC]

I order this 10 days ago and my car has been sitting on the rack ever since. Today I call for the tracking number and they haven't even shipped. They don't have the parts in stock -- and don't know when they will. 10-days and not one phone call or email to tell me this!

I hope Postons has it.

Dave
You can get a New Jobber Tank # GM307C
These Tanks are like the OE but with a Metal Bowl instead of a Plastic like an OE. I have one on my Race Car, and I made a Rear Sump for an external Weldon that I mounted on the Rear Bumper.
This way you can run any Pump you want in the Tank and activate a Race Pump when you step on it..

BTW, Nice Dodge...My first car was a 1976 Plymouth Arrow with a 340...

Good Luck
Joe