fuel rail "T"

GNocide

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated
anyone make or sell one that isn't copper/brass?
like a more durable metal billet/ steel?

if you hook up to them enough or have a 4 inch intake that you dont remove every time you verify fuel pressure
they break and leak and are fire hazards.

just wondering.

What's wrong with brass? Mines about 10 years old, been on and off countless times, on 2 cars with no issue whatsoever.

as stated above the whole thing isn't brass..
the copper part is soft- too soft
and can & will bend under small pressures like taking a f/p gauge off and on during testing
(unless you wanna take off the 4 in intake pipe and air cleaner every single time which is silly)

Look for a steel JIS tee. JIS is a hydraulic fitting that is the same as the brass tee. I don't remember where I got mine but it was an online hydraulic site and was cheaper than the brass one. I'll try to remember to look up where I got mine.

David

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look for a steel JIS tee. JIS is a hydraulic fitting that is the same as the brass tee. I don't remember where I got mine but it was an online hydraulic site and was cheaper than the brass one. I'll try to remember to look up where I got mine.

David

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
that would be great if you can find it.
also will it have the schrader valve in one of the male ends?

for now soldered it in the slightly bent position figuring it would help facilitate the on and off of future fuel pressure checks.

finding the jis t is not quite as easy as i thought it would be

no kidding. I spent over a week looking for a tee that had a -4 on one end and female 1/8"NPTs on the others.... There's buttloads of different fittings but I just can't seem to find that one at all.

that would be great if you can find it.
also will it have the schrader valve in one of the male ends?

Well I had the wrong name. It is actually a JIC run tee. I actually found the receipt from when I ordered mine. The part number is 864-4-4 and is currently $4.30 It isn't threaded for a schrader valve but it is steel so it might be possible to tap it. The link is http://fittingsandadapters.com/jicrunteeswi.html

David