Fuel rail / regulator issue

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Ok so i noticed sometimes after i cut my car off the fuel gauge would show that the pressure bleed of rather quick and other time the pressure would still be there after sitting for hours. Then one day all of a sudden while my car war idling it just started running like crap, i look under the hood and see fuel spraying from where the regulator hooks to the rail, i shut it down and get on here to start searching for answers. What i came up with is i needed a new o-ring so ordered some new injector o-rings and put one on the regulator and try again, this time i just turned the key to prime the system while looking for leaks i noticed if i just barely put any amount of pressure on the regulator it leaks in the o-ring area. So whats my issue here ? the regulator is tight but just seems like maybe its not engaging all the way. Is it possible for the rail to just be worn out in that area or is it more likely i need a new regulator ?

Check inside the rail to see if there is a old o ring stuck in there. My guess is there is a old one in the rail or the o ring you have on the regulator is the wrong size. Can you take a pic of the regulator with the o ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apply a drop of oil to the o-ring so it fully seats in the socket. They can "roll up" and not seal like yours is apparently doing. It has happened to me.

I did lube up the o-rings, it does this regardless of which o-ring I use that’s why I’m thinking regulator or fuel rail. Also there are no other o-rings or debris inside the fuel rail, I have owned this car for a couple years now and this is a new issue.

79CB6447-8696-489A-8A14-8458F2D83962.jpeg
6FF04AD7-9D8D-4B09-AE45-31EDE58DB03C.jpeg

Its not if you look at about the 12 o’clock position you can see where I scratched the metal with my pick.

Take the pick to the bottom. It looks like there is something in there. Might just be the angle of the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have acouple stock fuel rails if u need a replacement. If it’s leaking from the o ring area then as stated before it could be the o ring it self or the female got stretched out somehow lol . Anyway let me know if u want this stock rail I’ll do it for like $35 shipped

old as that regulator probably is and with the alcohol in today's gas id have to agree it is probably that regulator. You can get a kit to rebuild it from kirban or at least you used to be able to.