fuel question

airforceone

DON'T GET NONE ON YA'
i have just about put the gn together(it was in pieces when i bought it), i am getting ready to try to crank it. i push the schrader valve withthe swirch on. fuel squirts out momentarily then the pressure is gone. is it supposed to do this or is the pressure supposed to stay going. if i turn the switch back of and on it comes back on momentarily. i also need to know to know how to drain the fuel. it has been sitting for almost 2 years.

Take the schraeder valve out, using a valve core pulling tool, like the ones the tire guys use. Have a rag handly to mop up the little spill you'll get.

Run a hose from the fuel rail to your gas can (gas can should be on the floor - grounded, and hose in constant contact to eliminate static electricity). I use an A/C charging hose, which threads exactly onto the rail.

Engine cold and NO FIRES!!!

:)

Nothing wrong with the way your fuel pressure is acting. The system will not pump fuel unless your car is running or you have connected your fuel pump test wire to a +12v source. When you turn your ignition switch on a circuit will turn the pump on for two seconds to charge the system. I believe that another circuit checks for the engine cranking and if it is, will run the fuel pump. A third circuit will check for engine oil pressure and run the pump only if the engine has oil pressure. HTH