Fuel Pump

truckindude

Does anyone know anything about the high performance in tank fuel pumps from poston enterprise?The catalog said its good for 400-600 horsepower.I installed one of these like 5 or 6 years ago,just wondering if this is a good pump or if I should change to a walbro pump.I also had their ceramic coated headers installed at the same time.Reason I am asking I would like to upgrade to turbo tweak chip & injector kit & assumed it would probably not do much good if my fuel pump didnt deliver like it should.I have had my car 10 + years & I just got the itch to get it running top notch & maybe go a little faster.Any input is appreciated.

I think I would replace it and the fuel filter just for the peace of mind. That way, uncertain parts are eliminated and you know everything is new and ready to go for your new chip and injectors. If you don't already have one, a hotwire kit for the pump is recommended. If you are budget conscious, you could always verify the existing pump is able to keep up by making sure that fp rises with boost and that your scan tool data looks good.

Ok thanks I'll try to check it out a little closer & I do plan on the hotwire kit either way.Just thoght maybe someone was familiar with those pumps from poston.The replacement pumps really arent that costly so if this pump seems out of line I'll probably just replace it with one I know is good.